The STC Career Connections provides current full and part-time job opportunities from the local business community.
TO CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT:
- Visit the Career Connections Sign-up Website
- Click “Sign Up”
- Create your account using your STC student ID number
- A link to confirm your account will be sent to your STC student email address
- Click the link to confirm your account
- Your account will be confirmed
- You will be able to set your password by clicking the “Forgot Password”
*If you do not receive an email with your password, you do not have a Career Connections account.
It is extremely important that you as a job seeker educate yourself about potential scams and exercise caution when responding to positions listed on Career Connections as well as on other online resources (jobsites, social media sites, etc.). Please read position descriptions carefully! If a position or job offer seems to be too good to be true, if you feel uncomfortable with some of the information requested, or if something just doesn’t seem right do not respond. Delete the email. Here are some good tips that the job is probably fraudulent:
- The promise of a large salary for very little work – especially those that state thousands of dollars of income per month with little or no experience required.
- Positions that ask you to give credit card or bank account numbers, or copies of personal documents (Never disclose SSN, credit card information or bank account numbers to unknown employers. Legitimate employers will never ask for this information on the phone, by email or on an application).
- Jobs that ask you to send payment by wire service or courier or to forward payments to a third party.
- Positions in which you are offered a large payment or reward in exchange for allowing the use of your bank account – often for depositing checks or transferring money.
- Positions where you are allowed to work from home (While there are legitimate opportunities for individuals to work from home, be sure to research the position in advance of applying).
- If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Career Services at email@example.com. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact Savannah Technical College police at (912) 443-5200.
For more information regarding online security, please Click Here.