Dual Enrollment for High School Students
Double the credit. Half the time. Zero the tuition.
Savannah Technical College’s Dual Enrollment COVID-19 Admissions Procedures.
In lieu of the Accuplacer, which is currently unavailable due to the COVID-19 crisis, Savannah Technical College is asking for high school counselors to submit a high school transcript for each student. Student transcripts will be evaluated for a calculated HOPE GPA of 2.6. If a student does not have a HOPE GPA of 2.6, a GMAS score of 525 or higher can be used for admissions, as well as PSAT and PACT scores aligned with the regular SAT and ACT requirement. Transcripts may be emailed to SAVDualEnrollment@savannahtech.edu. Paper Student Participation Agreements for Summer may be emailed to the above email address through May 16th. After that date the SPA Form and Funding application will both need to be submitted online at GA Futures. All Fall Dual Enrollment Students must apply for funding, submit applications and SPA Forms online at GA Futures. All students must have a current Savannah Tech Admissions Application on file to enroll in courses.
Dual Enrollment is an investment in a student’s future – offering high school students the dynamic opportunity to “jump start” their college education! *Additional program-specific fees may be charged. Benefits include:
- Decreases length of time in college due to taking courses while in high school.
- Introduces students to the college atmosphere, making them more equipped to handle college life after high school graduation.
- Provides an advantage of versatile college schedules, including online courses.
- Provides access to college resources (e.g. Library, Computer Lab, Learning Enrichment Center).
- Dual Enrollment funds do not affect students’ HOPE cap.
The Dual Enrollment program allows high school students to take academic degree level core courses that will transfer to any TCSG or USG institution. 10th through 12th Grade Students are also allowed to take both diploma level and/or occupational courses. 10th grade students are allowed to take CTAE or occupational courses. Some students may choose to enroll fully into a degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit program, or they may choose to just take a few courses. The Dual Enrollment program is a great opportunity for high school students to start on their college coursework. Courses are taught on the college campus, high school campus, online, hybrid, and via distance education.
Dual Enrollment Updates
- No 9th graders are eligible to participate in DE Program
- New 10th graders are eligible to enroll into CORE academic classes if they meet the SAT/Act score requirements ONLY. (Accuplacer will not be accepted). However, 10th graders may take CTAE courses using Accuplacer only.
- ALL new DE students will have a 30 hour course credit CAP
- Any DE students who have less than 29 credits CURRENTLY will only be allotted the 30 hour eligible cap
- 5th year seniors are no longer eligible for DE with the full 30 hour CAP
- NO Fines Arts/PE course will be approved for DE
- Students that exceed 30 DE credits may use HOPE Grant to cover fees
- The unlimited CAP for students enrolled in Option B is ONLY for those students who have already been in identified SP 20 and were enrolled in DE
- Homeschool students and those students without a SSN can now submit electronic forms on the GA Futures website.
- If a student does not have a SSN, the student must submit the funding application and GSFC (Georgia Student Finance Commission) will create a 9 digit number for them that will be used to invoice/process payments for DE Coursework.
For more information about our Dual Enrollment program please contact:
Chatham County & South Bryan County
Appointments can be made with Mrs. Johnson during the following days and times:
|Monday||9 am – 1 pm and 3 pm – 5 pm||Upon Availability|
|Tuesday||9 am – 1 pm ONLY||Upon Availability|
|Wednesday||9 am – 1 pm and 3 pm – 5 pm||Upon Availability|
|Thursday||9 am – 1 pm and 3 pm – 5 pm||Upon Availability|
|Friday||NO APPOINTMENTS||NO WALK-INS|
Effingham County &North Bryan County
Phone: 912-408-3024 Ext. 6003
Phone: 912-408-3024 Ext. 6009
Students from any school district or county are welcome to attend Savannah Tech. If you do not see your county listed, please contact your nearest STC campus.
Tuition, Fees and Books
Tuition and most fees are covered by Dual Enrollment for every eligible student in the program. Books will also be provided to Dual Enrollment students at no charge. Because students are eligible to participate in almost all STC programs, they may be responsible for course-specific fees in some program areas; however, most STC programs do not require such fees. Students should speak with the High School Initiatives Coordinator to find out specifics about course-related fees. Students can fill out the application for Dual Enrollment funding at the following link: Dual Enrollment Funding Application.
Georgia high school and college students may take 28 general core courses (math, science, English, history, etc.) at Savannah Technical College with the assurance that the courses will transfer to the University System of Georgia (USG) colleges and universities.
Through Dual Enrollment, students and their parents have saved more than $1.5 million in tuition and fees since Fall 2012 by enrolling at Savannah Technical College!