Campus Safety and Security
Message From the Chief of Police
Welcome to Savannah Technical College. We are a regional partner in economic and community development. Our commitment to our students includes providing a safe and secure environment in which they are able to prepare to lead productive and rewarding lives. The Police Department’s top priority is safety, and it is our sincere belief that it is a shared responsibility.
The Savannah Technical College Police Department is a Georgia Police Officer Training Council (POST) certified agency, whose Community Oriented Policing team is committed to quality partnerships with all members of the community we serve. This collaboration begins with students, faculty and staff understanding and practicing basic safety and security measures, and reporting illegal activity or suspicious circumstances immediately to the Police Department Office of Emergency Communication. We pledge to provide a safe and secure learning environment that promotes the academic and social development of our students.
The Annual Security Report is made available to all students, faculty and staff. It is an excellent source of information regarding crime statistics, policies, procedures, and is a gateway to safety and security programming and resources. We encourage you to read this report and become an active partner in providing a safe, secure environment. If you would like to receive a paper copy of the Annual Security report please contact the Savannah Technical College Police Department at 912-443-5200 or stop by the Police Department office in Gwen Goodman Hall room 2123.
In furtherance of our commitment to your health and well – being and to provide an educational environment that is safe and secure, we have established a partnership that is dedicated to handling all concerns that are brought to our attention. As the Savannah Technical College Police Department we want you to know that we CARE. Please visit that component of our website, by clicking on the CARE TEAM LOGO below.
Savannah Technical College Police Department Information
The Savannah Technical College Police Department is continuously compiling data needed to keep our faculty, staff, and students safer while on the job, in the classroom, and on the road! A daily crime log is available to the public for inspection at the Savannah Technical College police department during normal business hours.
- Need a security escort? Anyone wanting a Police Officer to escort them to or from their vehicle, class, or office after normal business hours should call 912-443-5200 to make the request. Please give as much advance notice as possible.
- Need a parking permit? Parking Services is now in Gwen Goodman Hall Room 2123. You will need proof of insurance, vehicle registration, and your driver’s license.
- The Savannah Tech Police Department has certified child safety seat technicians assigned to the Liberty and Effingham Campuses, to inspect and correct the installation of child safety seats. Technicians will also check to make sure that the child using the seat is the right age and weight for that seat. This service is available free of charge by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling the Savannah Tech Police Department at 912-443-5200.
- Weapons on Campus – Constitutional Carry: The only change is that now individuals can carry a concealed weapon on our campus without a permit. The restrictions on where weapons may be carried such as government buildings or portions of universities and colleges remain unchanged.
Savannah Technical College welcomes students and guests to the campus. Your safety is our paramount concern. With that in mind, please be aware that the roadways on campus are for access on and off for campus-related business only. They are not for through traffic, and drivers will be ticketed accordingly.
Contact Public Safety for all your safety or security concerns: 912-443-5200
Helpful links to keep you safe and informed:
- Annual Security Report (Includes the Crime Statistics) (PDF)
- CSA Reporting Form (PDF)
- Georgia Sex Offender Registry (External Link)
- Exposure Control Plan (PDF)
- Tornado Safety Plan (PDF)
- Active Shooter Response Training (PDF)
- STC Parking Regulations (October 1 2019) (PDF)
- STC Victim Rights Pamphlet (PDF)
Emergency Operations Plan
- Emergency Operations Plan 2020 – 2021
- Emergency Operations Plan 2022 – 2023 is available for review by contacting the Police Department at 912-443-5200