Most ESL classes are full at this time. We welcome you to submit your information by clicking on the blue box below and then the yellow “Register Now” box. By doing so, you will be added to our waiting list, and we will contact you when we have classes available for new students.
WHO is eligible for our free English classes?
- People who have the required documents (see below).
- People who live or work in the Savannah area.
- People who can commit to attending class 4 days or nights per week for a minimum of 60 hours (approximately 3 months) and taking a test to show English skills improvement.
Required documents to register:
- US Citizen—driver’s license, military ID, state ID, or US passport
- Permanent Resident—green card
- Nonimmigrant/Alien—employment authorization card or US visa (that is not F1 or B1/B2 unless with a USCIS Form showing an application for change of status/asylum) or documentation from a US government agency with photo and A number
Photos of documents on phones are not accepted.
WHO should not register for our classes?
- People who would like to learn English but only have time to come to class once or twice per week. There are other programs in the community and many online resources for people who don’t have time to commit to our classes.
- People who only want to improve conversation skills. Our classes teach listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. There are other programs in the community and many online classes for people who only want to work on conversation skills.
- People who only want to take a citizenship class. Our citizenship classes are for our students who are committed to English class. There are other programs in the community and many online resources for people who want to study for the citizenship test.