How to Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for Federal and State financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form each year. The FAFSA covers your enrollment for fall, spring, and summer semesters. Most students and parents complete the FAFSA after filing their federal taxes each year. For assistance on completing FAFSA visit the Federal Student Aid Information Center and Contact Center. Check out the Federal Student Aid website where you can view and download YouTube videos to learn more about financial aid and how to apply.
Follow these easy steps to apply for Federal and State financial aid:
- Set up your FSA-User ID and Password here. You will need the FSA User-ID and Password to electronically sign and complete your FAFSA.
- If you are a dependent student, your parents will also need to create a parental FSA User ID and Password to provide information and electronically sign your FAFSA form. Make sure student and parental emails are different – student and parent cannot use the same email address when setting up each of the User ID/Passwords.
- Protect your FSA User-ID and Password as you would your ATM or SSN.
- For help on your FAFSA, visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/help
- Log on to www.studentaid.gov.
- Once you have your FSA User-ID/Password set up, you are ready to complete the FAFSA form.
- Helpful Tips for Completing the FAFSA
- Use your legal name as it appears with the Social Security Administration
- Make sure your social security number and date of birth are accurate.Provide a current address, phone, and email address.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to automatically transfer your federal tax information from the IRS to the FAFSA application. This will reduce errors.
- Include Savannah Technical College School Code: 005618.
- You (and if dependent, a parent) must electronically sign the FAFSA using your PIN#.
- Make sure you follow through and submit the application.
- The FAFSA processor will send you a confirmation email once the FAFSA is received and processed. The FAFSA processor will also send Savannah Tech your FAFSA results electronically within 5-7 business days.
- Once your FAFSA results are received by the school, the Financial Aid Office will determine your eligibility for Federal and State financial aid. An Award Notification email will be sent to your STC email address and include instructions on how to access your award information. A Shopping Sheet is issued each time an award is made or adjusted. Your financial aid information can also be accessed through your Banner Web account. Please click here for more information on how to access your financial aid information online.
Find more information on financial aid process here