Savannah Technical College is a regionally accredited Institution of Higher Learning and approved to participate and administer Veteran’s Education Assistance programs.
Our faculty and staff are proud to assist veterans, military members, dependents and spouses in furthering their education. Veterans and survivors or dependents of veterans may be eligible for educational benefits through the Veteran Administration (VA) and active duty service members and their spouses may be eligible for tuition assistance. We are here to assist you and help you navigate through the process.
These are just a few of STC’s programs that offer opportunities for veterans to transition from military service to train for a career:
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Medical Services (NEW: Firefighter/EMS)
- Logistics Management
- Medic to Paramedic
- Military Aviation Mechanic
- Peace Officer Academy
- Precision Manufacturing (Industrial Maintenance, Machine Tool, Welding)
- Troops to Trucks
- Welding & Joining: NEW Career Skills Program (CSP) with Ingalls Shipbuilding
Funding Opportunities for Military Students:
- Scholarship fund supports area military spouses
- Military Freedom Fund provides needs-based scholarship assistance
- Savannah Tech creates scholarship to support U.S. Coast Guard Spouses