Programs for High School Students (MOWR)
College classes are FREE* for high school students through MOWR.
* Addition program-specific fees may be charged.
Through Dual Enrollment, students and their parents have saved more than $1.5 Million in tuition and fees since Fall 2012 by enrolling at Savannah Technical College!
Move On When Ready (MOWR)
MOWR is an investment in a student’s future – offering high school students the dynamic opportunity to “jump start” their college education! The benefits include:
- Decreases length of time in college due to taking courses while in high school.
- Introduces students to the college atmosphere, making them more equipped to handle college life after high school graduation.
- Provides an advantage of versatile college schedules including online courses.
- Provides access to college resources (i.e. Library, Computer Lab, Learning Enrichment Center).
- Move On When Ready funds do not affect students’ HOPE hours or HOPE GPA.
We are very excited about all the new changes to the Dual Enrollment programs! One of the biggest changes you will notice is the name change. Under the current legislation, programs that once were known as ACCEL, Dual Enrollment, and the old Move On When Ready are being consolidated into one program that will be called Move On When Ready (MOWR).
The new MOWR Program allows high school students to take academic degree level core courses that will transfer to any TCSG or USG institution. Students are allowed to take both diploma level and/or occupational courses. Some students may choose to enroll fully into a degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit program, or they may choose to just take a few courses. Hours taken through the new MOWR program will not count towards a student’s HOPE Grant or Scholarship maximum credit hours. The new MOWR program is a great opportunity for high school students to start on their college coursework. Courses may be taught on the college campus, high school campus, online, hybrid, or via distance education.
Tuition, Fees and Books
Tuition and most fees are covered by MOWR for every eligible student in the program. Books will also be provided to new MOWR students at no charge to the students. Because students are now eligible to participate in almost all STC programs, they may be responsible for course-specific fees in some program areas; however, most STC programs do not require such fees. Students should speak to the High School Initiatives Coordinator to find out specifics about course-related fees.
Who is eligible?
- 9th – 12th graders
- Currently enrolled in a Georgia public/private high school or home schooled
- Minimum placement test score required