Move On When Ready Program
Double the credit. Half the time. Zero the tuition.
Move On When Ready (MOWR)
MOWR is an investment in a student’s future – offering high school students the dynamic opportunity to “jump start” their college education! *Additional program-specific fees may be charged. The benefits include:
- Decreases length of time in college due to taking courses while in high school.
- Introduces students to the college atmosphere, making them more equipped to handle college life after high school graduation.
- Provides an advantage of versatile college schedules, including online courses.
- Provides access to college resources (e.g. Library, Computer Lab, Learning Enrichment Center).
- Move On When Ready funds do not affect students’ HOPE cap.
The MOWR Program allows high school students to take academic degree level core courses that will transfer to any TCSG or USG institution. Students are also allowed to take both diploma level and/or occupational courses. Some students may choose to enroll fully into a degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit program, or they may choose to just take a few courses. Hours taken through the MOWR program will not count towards a student’s HOPE Grant or Scholarship maximum credit hours. The MOWR program is a great opportunity for high school students to start on their college coursework. Courses are taught on the college campus, high school campus, online, hybrid, and via distance education.
Tuition, Fees and Books
Tuition and most fees are covered by MOWR for every eligible student in the program. Books will also be provided to MOWR students at no charge. Because students are eligible to participate in almost all STC programs, they may be responsible for course-specific fees in some program areas; however, most STC programs do not require such fees. Students should speak with the High School Initiatives Coordinator to find out specifics about course-related fees.
Who is eligible?
- 9th – 12th graders
- Currently enrolled in a Georgia public/private high school or home school
- Minimum placement test score required
Georgia high school and college students may take 28 general core courses (math, science, English, history, etc.) at Savannah Technical College with the assurance that the courses will transfer to the University System of Georgia (USG) colleges and universities.
Through MOWR, students and their parents have saved more than $1.5 million in tuition and fees since Fall 2012 by enrolling at Savannah Technical College!