Requirements for Transient Permission
- Course is not offered at Savannah Technical College.
- Student must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing.
- Course(s) requested must be part of student’s current program of study.
- Student must have satisfactorily completed all pre-requisites for the requested course(s).
Additional Requirements Based on Type of Course
Savannah Technical College students who are interested in taking an in-classroom course at another college as a Transient Student should:
- Complete the student information section on the Transient Student Request Form.
- Choose a college that is offering the course you need and complete the application process for that college.
- Meet with your academic advisor to make sure you meet the pre-requisites for the course(s) you wish to take. The advisor must list the approved course(s) on the request form and provide their signature indicating approval.
- A student receiving financial aid must contact the Financial Aid Office for advisement on transient student financial aid requirements.
- Submit the completed form to the Student Affairs Center for processing. The completed form may also be faxed to 912.443.5705 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The student will be contacted through their Savannah Technical College e-mail account from the BANNER Specialist upon submission of the Transient Student Agreement to the Host College.
- Request an official transcript to be sent to Savannah Technical College at the end of the semester showing the posted grade in order to obtain transfer credit.
Savannah Technical College students who are interested in taking an online course at another college as a Transient Student should:
- Meet with your academic advisor to make sure you meet the pre-requisites for the course(s) you wish to take.
- Visit the web link for GVTC (Georgia Virtual Technical Connection) and complete the online application. First-time users will need to register before applying.
- Once your application is complete, both the application and your financial aid awards will be processed through electronic means and communications.
- Check the status of your application by logging onto GVTC.