Resources & Templates
- Career Services LibGuide
- Cover Letter Example
- Cover Letter Template
- Job Search Steps
- Resume Development List
- Resume Template
- Creative Resume Design: Free Templates
- Resume How to Say It
- Verbs for Resumes
- Thank You Letter
- Conover Workplace Readiness Assessment
Overcoming Barriers to Employment
Some common barriers to finding employment include:
- Child care
- Disability (both physical and intellectual)
- Lack of marketable skills or educational credentials
- Poor job search/interview skills
- Gaps in employment
- Criminal history
Do any of the above apply to you? Schedule an appointment with Career Services through the Navigate App so that we may help you develop a plan that address any challenges you may have.
Nontraditional Career Paths
- LiveCareer is for students pursuing Nontraditional* Career Paths.
- *Nontraditional occupations for women are made up of a population that is at least 75 percent male; nontraditional occupations for men are made up of a population that is at least 75 percent female.
Job Seekers with Disabilities
- abilityJOBS is a comprehensive website dedicated to employment of people with disabilities. Job postings are from employers specifically seeking to hire people with disabilities. Job seekers can post anonymous resume for free.
- Disability Solutions
Each year the College holds a Career Fair which allows for employers and students to connect face to face. Smaller career fairs may be held other times during the year. Students will be notified of all events through student email accounts.
- Disability Services
- Special Populations
- SNAP & Public Benefits Assistance (formerly Food Stamps)
- Student Support Resource Library
Ready to search….check out Career Connections.