How to Apply
***Filling out the application is only the first step in completing the application process. Please continue reading for all steps you must take in order to complete your application***
STEP 1: Complete an Application
Choose 1 of the 2 applications:
Online Application CLICK HERE Create an account and get started now!
(If you apply online you can check your application status by clicking the above link and logging back into your application using the same web ID and pin you created. Once logged in, just click on the application to see a check list of items needed.)
Paper Application Download and Print
Pay Application Fee:
The application fee for new and transfer students is $25.00.
Mail the application fee along with your printed application to the Admissions Office at 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405
Or take your printed application to your local campus and pay the fee at the Cashier’s Office in the Campus Shop
Attend a session for assistance with completing the Admissions process and to learn more about Financial Aid. You can view the schedule for information sessions for each campus by clicking here.
All four of these documentation requirements must be met in order to register for classes:
- Proof of Lawful Presence
- Proof of Georgia Residency (to qualify for in-state tuition rate)
- Official High School /GED Transcripts
- Official College Transcripts from all colleges that you previously attended
**Documents are only considered official if they are received electronically directly from the institution or in a sealed envelope from the institution.**
(All documents can be mailed to Attn: Admissions 5717 White Bluff Rd, Savannah, GA 31405. Official high school transcripts can be sent electronically to Lrochester@savannahtech.edu and official college transcripts can be sent electronically to email@example.com)
- If you stopped attending STC for one or more semesters, you must re-apply for admission, pay re-admit fee of $10.00, and provide official copies of college transcripts for any colleges you attended during the separation. You may also be required to provide lawful presence and Georgia residency documentation.
- If you have not attended STC in the last five years, you will be required to submit a new complete set of admission documentation.
STEP 2: FINANCIAL AID
Apply for Financial Aid:
- Apply for all Federal and State Aid
- Complete FAFSA Online using STC School Code 005618
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to electronically link income information to the FAFSA
- Allow 5-7 business days for results to be sent electronically to the college
- To apply for State Aid Only, complete the GA HOPE Application
Bring Needed Documents:
- Check Banner Web for missing documents
- Print all documents from the Financial Aid Forms page
- If selected for verification, IRS Tax Return Transcripts may be required
STEP 3: PLACEMENT TEST
Students demonstrate that they are college-ready by completing one of the following requirements:
- Submitting SAT or ACT scores that meet the minimum requirements for their program of study. Click here for requirements
- Transferring in credit for the English and/or math course required for their program of study
- Taking a college placement test at Savannah Technical College. Click here to schedule testing for the Savannah Campus.
- Students required to take the placement test are encouraged to participate in a Boot Camp session.
- The Boot Camp session provides a preview of the test and a review of effective test-taking strategies.
- Boot Camp lasts approximately 2 hours.
- Click here for Boot Camp dates.
- College placement testing is available at the Savannah, Liberty, and Effingham campuses.
- All campuses require an appointment for college placement testing.
- Click here to schedule testing for the Savannah Campus
- Most students complete the placement test in 1 – 2 hours
STEP 4: GET ADVISED
Once you are admitted to the college, you may meet with an advisor and register for classes. Click here for advisor contact information