How to Apply
STEP 1: APPLICATION & DOCUMENTATION
Pay Application Fee:
Pay fee at cashier’s office in campus shop
Attend a session for assistance with completing the Admissions process and learn more about Financial Aid
All four of these documentation requirements must be met in order to register for classes:
- Proof of Lawful Presence
- Proof of Georgia Residency
- Official High School /GED Transcripts
- Official College Transcripts from all colleges that you previously attended
- If you stopped attending STC for one or more semesters, you must re-apply for admission, pay re-admit fee, and provide official copies of any college transcripts you attended during the separation. You may also be required to provide lawful presence and Georgia residency documentation.
- If it has been two or more years since you attended STC, you are required to participate in a New Student Orientation session. If it has been less than two years, you may complete the Online Orientation.
- If you have not attended STC in the last five years, you will be required to submit a new complete set of admission documentation.
STEP 2: FINANCIAL AID
Apply for Financial Aid:
- Apply for all Federal and State Aid
- Complete FAFSA Online using STC School Code 005618
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to electronically link income information to the FAFSA
- Allow 5-7 business days for results to be sent electronically to the college
- To apply for State Aid Only, complete the GA HOPE Application
Bring Needed Documents:
- Check Banner Web for missing documents
- Print all documents from the Financial Aid Forms page
- If selected for verification, IRS Tax Return Transcripts may be required
STEP 3: COMPASS BOOT CAMP (TEST PREPARATION)
COMPASS Boot Camp:
- Test preparation sessions held on each campus location. View the schedule.
- Testing referral provided when you apply for admission and is required to attend Boot Camp
- Allow two hours for Boot Camp
Testing held on Savannah, Liberty, and Effingham campuses. View the schedule.
(May skip Boot Camp and Testing with proof of acceptable ACT/SAT exam scores.)
STEP 4: ORIENTATION
In-person participation required to register for classes. Allow two hours for orientation session. Arrive at least 15 minutes early. No late admission. Children are not allowed. More information available on the New Student Orientation page.