How to Apply
STEP 1: Complete an Application
Choose 1 of the 3 applications:
Online Application CLICK HERE Create an account and get started now!
Paper Application Download and Print
Pay Application Fee:
Mail the application fee with your online signature page to the Admissions Office at 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405
Or take your printed application or online signature page to your local campus and pay the fee at the Cashier’s Office in Campus Shop
Attend a session for assistance with completing the Admissions process and learn more about Financial Aid
All four of these documentation requirements must be met in order to register for classes:
- Proof of Lawful Presence
- Proof of Georgia Residency (to qualify for in-state tuition rate)
- Official High School /GED Transcripts
- Official College Transcripts from all colleges that you previously attended
- If you stopped attending STC for one or more semesters, you must re-apply for admission, pay re-admit fee, and provide official copies of any college transcripts you attended during the separation. You may also be required to provide lawful presence and Georgia residency documentation.
- If it has been two or more years since you attended STC, you are required to participate in a New Student Orientation session. If it has been less than two years, you may complete the Online Orientation.
- If you have not attended STC in the last five years, you will be required to submit a new complete set of admission documentation.
STEP 2: FINANCIAL AID
Apply for Financial Aid:
- Apply for all Federal and State Aid
- Complete FAFSA Online using STC School Code 005618
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to electronically link income information to the FAFSA
- Allow 5-7 business days for results to be sent electronically to the college
- To apply for State Aid Only, complete the GA HOPE Application
Bring Needed Documents:
- Check Banner Web for missing documents
- Print all documents from the Financial Aid Forms page
- If selected for verification, IRS Tax Return Transcripts may be required
STEP 3: PLACEMENT TEST
Students demonstrate that they are college-ready by:
- Submitting SAT or ACT scores that meet the minimum requirements for their program of study OR
- Transferring in credit for the English and/or math course required for their program of study OR
- Taking a college placement test at Savannah Technical College.
- Students required to take the placement test are encouraged to participate in a Boot Camp session.
- The Boot Camp session provides a preview of the test and a review of effective test-taking strategies.
- Boot Camp lasts approximately 2 hours.
- College placement testing is available at the Savannah, Liberty, and Effingham campuses.
- All campuses require an appointment for college placement testing.
- Most students complete the placement test in 1 – 2 hours
STEP 4: ORIENTATION
In-person participation required to register for classes. Allow two hours for orientation session. Arrive at least 15 minutes early. No late admission. Children are not allowed. More information available on the New Student Orientation page.