Returning Students


If you are a former Savannah Technical College student that has missed at least one semester, you are now a “re-admit student.” Here are the steps to re-enroll:

  1. Submit a new “re-admit” application to the college. The fee for is $10. Complete a re-admit application by clicking here. Students that have not attended classes in the past five years must submit a new application ($25).
  2. Complete an orientation session prior to advisement and registration.
  3. Send all (new) official college transcripts for evaluation – if you have take courses at another college for those to be considered for credit with your program at Savannah Technical College. Official transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope or digital submission to
  4. Apply for financial aid and consult with a Student Affairs representative to determine your eligibility.
  5. Effective January 1, 2012, all applicants, new and returning, must provide validation of lawful presence in the United States.  This page has a complete list of required verifiable documents.
  6. Provide validation of Georgia residency to receive the in-state tuition rate.


  • If your placement testing was more than five years ago and you have not taken core classes – depending on testing criteria – retesting may be required, especially if you wish to change your program.
  • The academic year begins with fall semester. Students must adhere to the catalog of enrollment. If a student does not enroll at Savannah Technical College for two semesters or more, the student must satisfy the program requirements as approved by the college at the time the student re-enrolls. If program requirements change during a period in which a student is continuously enrolled (no interruption), the student has the option of satisfying the new program requirements, as amended, or completing those described in the catalog when the student first declared their major. In cases where programs are revised and a course is no longer available, an appropriate substitution may be made. Service members are given the option of completing their program requirements at the time of enrollment with at least one year beyond the program’s standard length. Service members should identify themselves as such when meeting with their program academic advisor. If the Service member requires additional assistance with a program completion plan, they should contact the Office of the Registrar.