NEW ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION – NOW AVAILABLE!
Apply online today at: https://savannahtech.awardspring.com
Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and pre-approved academic-related supplies purchased at the Savannah Technical College Campus Shop only. Scholarship funds will not be distributed directly to the student.
- Career Advancement Program Scholarship (CAP): Adult students who are returning to college to study in a new career field after life circumstances and responsibilities interrupted their original path to graduation. GPA 2.5. ($1,000 plus $500 for books)
- HERO Toolbox Scholarship: covers required purchases of tools/equipment (award will be 25% of total required by program or up to $100)
- Opportunity Award Honoree Endowment Scholarship: Applicants must demonstrate financial need. 2.5 GPA. ($800)
- Porter Pierpont Rotary International Scholarship: Given to an Associate Degree student with a full year of study remaining. Must demonstrate significant commitment to community service. Interview is required. ($1,500)
- STC Faculty & Staff Scholarship: Applicants must have completed at least 30 credit hours. 2.7 GPA. ($1,000)
- Freedom Fund: Provides support for military-affiliated students including tuition, fees, books and tools. Awards are based on need and eligibility as verified by Military Outreach Coordinator.
- Landings Military Family Relief Fund/MYCAA Scholarship: Available to active duty spouses using MYCAA funds. Grant provided once MYCAA funds are no longer available to cover student’s tuition in their current program of study. Grants will be provided one semester at a time. Students should request grant in the term prior to running out of MYCAA funds. Applications will be submitted to the Military Outreach Coordinator. Tuition only. 2.5 GPA (Up to $4,000/student)
- Richard Henry Accounting Scholarship: Applicant must have completed 20 credit hours. Preference will be given to a student who is active in the community as a volunteer. 3.0 GPA ($500)
- Brenda L. Rucker Champion Scholarship: Awarded to African American student, more than 50% through the instructional program. Programs of study: Aviation Technology, Precision Manufacturing and Welding/Joining Technology. GPA 3.2. ($1,667)
- Lucy West Memorial Scholarship: Returning adult senior Cosmetology student with demonstrated financial need. 2.5 GPA ($500)
- Chef Edna Lewis Scholarship: Funded by the Edna Lewis Foundation, provides full support for one year of study in culinary arts (tuition, fees, uniforms, tools and books as needed) for a student with a love of Southern cookery and a desire to celebrate and preserve its rich history and traditions. Requires a 2.0 GPA and 1,000-word essay (2 awards/up to $4,500).
- Chef Jean Vendeville Culinary Scholarship: Applicant must have completed at least one semester for Culinary Arts/Baking & Pastry Arts. Preference will be given to students receiving no other financial aid. 3.5 GPA ($2,000)
- Patrick Williams Memorial Scholarship: First semester or continuing Culinary Arts or Hospitality student with demonstrated academic success. 3.0 ($1,000)
- Stephen Michael Kennedy Scholarship: Provides tools and uniforms for a first semester Culinary Arts student. Essay required: what drives me to be a chef and the impact I intend to make ($500).
- Automotive Technology Excellence Scholarship: Student has completed 15 semester hours in the associate degree program and must be pursuing a career in the automotive industry. Automotive Technology Associate Degree. 3.0 GPA ($1,000).
- B.L. Rucker Champion Scholarship: Awarded to African American student, more than 50% through the instructional program. Programs of study: Aviation Technology, Precision Manufacturing and Welding/Joining Technology. GPA 3.2. ($1,667)
- Coastal Georgia NAWIC Woman in Construction Scholarship: Female student studying in a construction-related field who has completed at least one semester in good standing with declared major in one of these programs in diploma or associate degree programs. Merit and financial need; 250 word essay on why careers in construction are important for women. Personal interview required for finalists. Eligible programs: Air Conditioning, Construction, Drafting, Electrical Construction/Maintenance, Electrical Utility Technology, Historic Preservation, Welding. 2.5 GPA ($1,000)
- DIRTT Environmental Solutions Scholarship: Must have completed at least 15 hours in an associate degree program; financial need and community service. 2.5 GPA ($1,000)
- GEFA Photovoltaic Systems Scholarship: Applicants must be US citizens/Georgia residents, high school/GED graduates in 2016/2017, admitted to or enrolled at Savannah Technical College in Photovoltaic Systems Installation and Repair TCC. Essay/letters of recommendation required. (Up to $3,500/student).
- Grainger Industrial Technology Scholarship: Industrial Technology student who has completed at least 15 credit hours. 2.5 GPA ($1,000)
- Hass Machine Tool Scholarship: Supports students in the Machine Tool Technology program who have completed at least 1 NIMS Certificate. ($1,000)
- Skylar Huggett Women in Welding Scholarship: Provides award for welding tools/equipment to a female welding student with the highest GPA after completion of one semester of study at Savannah Technical College. Student is selected by the Welding & Joining department head based on academic performance. ($500)
- Flo Thurman Leadership Fund for Paramedic/EMS Technology: Awarded to a Paramedicine Technology/EMS student who is not receiving any financial aid. Essay required: why I want to be in this field of employment and the impact I intend to make. Full tuition, fees, required tools/equipment/uniforms and books. (Up to $6,000/year)
- Michael Max Sacks Memorial Scholarship: Provides award to veteran student studying in one of the paramedicine programs ($1,000)
- Satya-Durga Yalamanchili Nursing: Awarded to a nursing student with academic merit. 3.5 GPA ($150)
Please visit this link for information about Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).