Veteran Education Assistance Programs
Step 2: Apply for Benefits
To learn more about these programs, log on to the VA website for Education and Training
- Chapter 30 – Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill – Post 9/11 recipients must submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to the Financial Aid Office School Certifying Official.
- Chapter 1606 – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- VRAP – Veterans Retraining Assistance Program
Step 3: Once you have registered for classes, submit a request for Enrollment Certification.
Each semester you are enrolled and want to use your benefits, you must submit a request for Enrollment Certification at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester. You will be notified via email by VA-Once after your enrollment is certified.
Step 4: Payment of Tuition and Fees
Full payment of outstanding charges is due to the college the day before the semester begins.
Chapter 30, Chapter 1606, Chapter 1607, and VRAP: Payment of your benefits is made directly to you. You are responsible for all tuition and fee charges not covered by other financial aid.
Chapter 31 and Chapter 33: Payment of your VA tuition and fees benefits is made directly to Savannah Technical College. You are responsible for all tuition and fee charges not covered by your VA education benefits or other financial aid.
Make sure your contact information is up to date with the Savannah Technical College Office of Admissions.