Dependents of Veterans

A special provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill program allows career Service members the opportunity to share their education benefits with immediate family members. The Department of Defense determines whether or not you can transfer benefits to your family members. Service members can determine their eligibility using Transferring Your Education Benefits, available through milConnect.

Step 1: Apply for admission to Savannah Technical College

Be sure to check out:
Admissions Requirements
Admissions Deadline & Academic Calendar
Tuition and Fees

Step 2:  Apply for Chapter 35 DEA or Transfer Post 9/11 Education Benefits

Learn more about dependent education assistance programs:

Chapter 35 – Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) and Current Payment Rates
Transferring Post 9/11 GI-Bill Benefits to Dependents (TEB)
Official DoD Website for Information on Transferability (Non VA link)
Factsheet on Transferability of Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits

Step 3:  Once you have registered for classes, submit a request for Enrollment Certification.

Each semester you are enrolled and want to use your benefits, you must submit a request for Enrollment Certification, at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester. You will receive an email from VA-Once when your enrollment has been certified by the college.

Step 4: Payment of Tuition and Fees

Full payment of outstanding charges is due to the college the day before the semester begins.

  • Chapter 35 – DEA:  Payment of your benefits is made directly to you. You are responsible for all tuition and fee charges not covered by other financial aid.
  • Post 9/11 GI Benefits: Payment of your VA tuition and fees benefits is made directly to Savannah Technical College. You are responsible for all tuition and fee charges not covered by your VA education benefits or other financial aid.

Make sure your contact information is up to date with the Savannah Technical College Office of Admissions.