June 2020 Update
To schedule appointments, we encourage you to use the following links:
- Admissions: Savannah Appointments
- All other appointments (Financial Aid, Military Resources, Bookstore, Cashier, or Bursar) call 912-443-5513
Liberty Campus: Liberty Appointments or call (912) 408-3024 x6000
Effingham Campus: Effingham Appointments or call 912.443.4100
Advisement: Academic Advisement
During this time, as things are changing daily, know that the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff remain our top priorities. Click here (or use links in sidebar) for COVID-19 messages from Savannah Technical College.
Please monitor this webpage for updated information as new information is released.
Savannah Technical College is in contact with the Technical College System of Georgia and Georgia public health officials to ensure that we are following the latest information, trends, and guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Georgia Department of Public Health.
- Distance learning formatted classes: Please follow instructions sent to your STC e-mail or contact your instructor for assistance. For information on how to access your Blackboard Account, please see the How to Login to Blackboard instructions on the Blackboard Student Resources page. If you are still unable to login to Blackboard, you can submit a Student Technical Support form and a technician will reach out to you shortly.
- Online library and tutoring services are available to students at the library online or call 912.443.5870.
- Summer semester registration will continue via email – contact your academic advisor:
- Aviation: Patricia Boyles email@example.com
- Health Sciences: Cindy Cole firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Services: Katrina Gray email@example.com
- Business: Amber Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Industrial Technology: Secene Dorsey email@example.com
- Interdisciplinary Degree (General Core): Dr. Lonnie Griffin firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Office of Academic Affairs will be available for assistance via phone 912.443.3024 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Admissions hours of operation for phone calls and emails are from 8AM – 5 PM Monday through Fridays.
- All communications can be addressed by phone at 912.443.5513 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 24-48 hours for email responses to address concerns.
- Check your admissions status by visiting: Admissions Status Check.
- To request a major change, please visit: Change of Major Request
- If you’d like to update your admissions application to a future term (Fall 2020): Please send an email to email@example.com including your full name, DOB, and preferred start term.
- Send escalated admissions issues to the Admissions Director, Tiffany Walter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send Dual Enrollment questions/concerns to Shatealy Sims, High School Initiatives Coordinator SAVDualenrollment@savannahtech.edu.
Financial Aid Services
- The Office of Financial Aid Services staff will be available for assistance via email: Financialaid@savannahtech.edu.
- Summer semester 2020 refunds checks will be mailed by the Student Accounts Office by June 29, 2020. Make sure your mailing address is correct in Banner Web.
- The Office of Military Outreach/VA School Certifying Official will be available for assistance via email or phone at:
- Military Outreach Coordinator: Steve Cisneros email@example.com or 912.443.4155.
- Fort Stewart Army Education Center: Joan Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Liberty Campus Financial Aid and VA School Certifying Official: Mignon Banks email@example.com
- Effingham Campus Financial Aid and VA School Certifying Official: Velvelyn Bacon firstname.lastname@example.org
- The President of the United States signed a bill that authorizes the Department of Veterans Affairs to continue to provide educational assistance through December 21, 2020, for programs of education that have been converted to distance learning due to an emergency or health-related situation. Such assistance includes monthly housing stipends or subsistence allowances.
- Continue your enrollment certifications online for the upcoming summer term.
Student Support Services
The following representatives are available by phone, email, and virtual appointments:
- Disabilities Servicesand Special Populations: Melanie Wilder email@example.com or 912.443.5717
- Career Services: Kelly Morris firstname.lastname@example.org or 912.443.5880
For Appointments: Career Services book online!
- SNAP & Public Benefits: Jessie Jones email@example.com or 912.443.4151
- Testing Center: Lisa Kuyk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 912.443.5716
- Student Navigator: Kelley Riffe email@example.com or 912.443.4175 or 912.231.7361
If you are having personal difficulties or hardships of any kind, please take a look at STC’s Student Support Resource Library and the External Resources at the bottom of this page.
Still have questions or concerns?
For additional assistance, please email Kelley Riffe firstname.lastname@example.org, 912.443.4175 or 912.231.7361.
We’re happy to assist you.
- All classes in all locations are offered online until further notice. New or returning students can find more information on our website: https://www.savannahtech.edu/ged-esl/. If you need immediate assistance, please call the Adult Education office 912.443.5446, leave a voicemail and someone will return your call.
Our forklift operator safety training course is now accepting enrollment. The classroom portion takes place live, online and the hands-on forklift training takes place via a one-on-one appointment. Learn more here.
Please explore our available self-paced or live-classroom online course offerings here.
If you have any questions, please visit our contact us page.
- While all in person classes are currently postponed until further notice, we can train your company from at a distance. You may consider leadership training or even a custom solution to a custom need.
- For more information, contact Dr. Brent A. Stubbs at email@example.com or call him at 912.675.0812 to set up a custom needs consultation.
- The 30-hour portion of classroom instruction is now available in a mix of live, online instruction and self-study. Behind-the-wheel driver training lessons are available via a one-on-one appointment. New sessions will be posted as they are made available. To be contacted as sessions are added, please complete this form.
- If you have any questions, please visit our contact us page.page.
External Resources for Assistance
- Free Internet (non-affiliated with STC)
- www.internetessentials.com (be an eligible “qualified low-income household”)
- College Student Offer https://corporate.comcast.com/stories/comcast-university-students-connected-during-covid-19 (open to college students who live in households that are not already Xfinity customers, through June 1st)
- E-textbooks: Free access to e-text versions of textbooks including Pearson: https://get.vitalsource.com/vitalsource-helps
- Free access to Xfinity Wifi Hotspots for everyone, not just Xfinity customers: https://www.xfinity.com/prepare
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- United Way (COVID-19 Rapid Response to give or to get help)