Hotel Front Desk Representative
Front desk representatives play a key role in giving guests an excellent experience. They greet guests, check them in, and make payment arrangements. They answer guest questions and make sure guests can get the services that they need while at the property. The Front Desk Representative certification recognizes those professionals who are skilled at the many tasks they must perform.
The certification is supported by the START (Skills, Tasks, and Results Training) for Front Desk Representative. The program presents general hospitality knowledge and soft skills needed in the hospitality industry, along with concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 16 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Identifying equipment and systems used by front desk staff
- Understanding the importance of key control
- Identifying the steps and tasks involved in pre-arrival, check in, and departure
- Demonstrating effective sales and upselling techniques used by the front desk.
Successful candidates who complete the program and pass the certification exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a Certified Front Desk Representative certificate and lapel pin.
Available Course Formats:
- In-person: Includes student book and exam sheet to take certification exam
Cost & Payment Options
Payment Options: Credit & Debit Card payments are accepted online.
- September 14th, 2021 – September 23rd 2021 on Tues/Wed/Thurs from 6pm-8pm
October 5th – October 14th, 2021 on Tues/Wed/Thurs from 6pm-8pm
November 1st, – November 10th, 2021 on Mon/Tues/Wed from 6pm – 8pm
How To Register
Compete the course registration form below and select the date that you’d like to attend and hit submit! We’ll review your submission to make sure it’s complete and send you a link to pay.