National PETE is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a one-year grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation – PHMSA-HMIT to provide DOT HazMat Transportation Regulations for business and industry hazmat employees. These workshops will be offered to business and industry at no-charge. Registrants must be considered employed in a position dealing with hazardous waste/materials.
In accordance with 49 CFR § 172.704 (HMR), hazmat trainers/employees will be trained in the following areas:
• General awareness/familiarization training providing familiarity with the requirements of the HMR and enabling the hazmat employee to recognize and identify hazardous materials, consistent with the hazard communication requirements of the HMR;
• Function-specific training concerning the requirements of the HMR specifically applicable to the functions performed by the hazmat employee;
• Safety training including measures to protect the employee from the hazards associated with the hazardous materials to which they may be exposed in the workplace;
• Security awareness training providing an awareness of the security risks associated with the hazards;
• In depth security training relating to a company’s security plan and its implementation, if applicable;
• Application of DOT regulations in order to effectively communicate the hazards associated with the materials being transported through marking, labeling, placarding, and documentation;
• Interpretation of carrier requirements for hazardous materials according to the Title 49 CFR by railcar, aircraft, vessel, and motor vehicle;
• General awareness/familiarization of rail and air transport regulations;
• General awareness/familiarization of driver regulations related to hazmat;
• Familiarization of EPA regulation related to hazardous waste transportation;
• Reporting procedures to complete DOT’s Incident Reporting Form;
• How to effectively deliver the strategic elements of this training to fellow employees once you return to the workplace
Upcoming Session: November 2nd – 4th, 2021
Time: 8am – 5pm each day
Training Location: Savannah Technical College Crossroads Campus
Training Location Address: 190 Crossroads Parkway, Savannah, GA 31407
Class size is limited to 10 students, so act fast. Deadline is October 21st, 2021
To ensure a basic knowledge of DOT HazMat Regulations and be prepared for the workshop, participants must have attended either:
- 2016-2017 NPETE 40hr HAZMAT/Instructional Technology Program –or–
- NPETE’s 2020-2021 3 Day PHMSA HMIT Grant DOT HAZMAT Awareness Workshop –or–
- Have at least 3 years or more in dealing with DOT HAZMAT as a main focus of their employment history.
*** Social distancing guidelines will be enforced, and participants are strongly encouraged to wear face masks during the length of the workshop. ***
For questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost & Payment Options
This class is free to attend. Must complete registration.
Course Format: Hybrid (In-person)
This class meets in-person for 3-days.