Accelerated Transfer Program
Savannah Technical College offers an Accelerated Transfer Program (ATP) with Georgia Southern University.
Students who have been denied admission to GSU, may enroll at Savannah Tech with the Interdisciplinary Studies degree program. Then, after successful completion of 24 general education transferrable credit hours at Savannah Tech, while maintaining a 2.0 cumulative GPA, students may then transfer to GSU.
Getting started at Savannah Tech
The transition to Savannah Tech is seamless for students. They initiate the process by completing Savannah Tech’s ATP Agreement Form, which will go directly to the STC Admissions department. Students will not need to complete a STC admissions application or pay an additional application fee. All of the admission documents provided to GSU will be sent to Savannah Tech once the ATP Agreement Form is received.
Recommended general education courses
Students are encouraged to enroll in the Interdisciplinary Studies Degree to earn the following recommended general studies courses:
- English/Math (9 hours):
- ENGL 1101 – English Composition I (3)**
- ENGL 1102 – English Composition II (3)**
- MATH 1111 – College Algebra (3)** or MATH 1113 – Pre-Calculus (3)**
**Students must earn a C or higher for the above English/Math courses to transfer.
- HIST 1111 – World History I (3) or HIST 1112 – World History II (3)
- HUMN 1101 – Intro to Humanities (3) or ARTS 1101 – Art Appreciation (3)
- Natural Sciences (select one):
- Biology I/LAB (4)
- Inorganic Chemistry/LAB (4)
- Organic Chemistry/LAB (4)
- Physics I/LAB (4)
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (select one):
- ECON 1101 – Principles of Economics (3) or
- ECON 2105 – Macroeconomics (3) or
- PSYC 1101 – Introductory Psychology (3) or
- SOCI 1101 – Introductory to Sociology (3)
- HIST 2111 – U.S. History I (3) or HIST 2112 – U.S. History II (3)
- POLS 1101 – American Government (3)
- SPCH 1101 – Public Speaking (3)