Admissions FAQs

This is a list of Frequently Asked Questions for admissions. Just click on a question to find out the answer.

How do I apply/enroll at Savannah Tech.?

Please see our How to Apply page on our website for detailed instructions on how to get started at Savannah Tech.

When is the next “quarter” at STC?

STC changed to the semester calendar. The Spring semester begins in January, Summer in May and Fall in August. Refer to the current academic calendar for dates.

What is the address that I mail my transcripts to for Admissions?

Savannah Technical College

Attn: Admissions

5717 White Bluff Road

Savannah, GA 31405

Can I email my transcript?

Your school can email your transcript to us. College transcripts can be sent electronically to and high school transcripts can be sent to

Can I fax my transcripts to STC?

No, faxed transcripts are considered to be unofficial documents and are not acceptable for Admissions.

When is the Placement exam given?

You must schedule an appointment for placement testing. Appointments are scheduled for 9:00am and 1:30pm. On our website hover over Admissions and click on placement testing. You can click the link to schedule an appointment for testing at the Savannah location or you may call one of our other locations to schedule an appointment.

How long does it take to receive my test scores?

You will receive your test scores as soon as you have completed the test.

What is the school code?

The FAFSA school code is 005618.

The SAT testing school code is 3741 for scores that are not more than five years old.

How many hours are considered full-time enrollment?

12 or more credit hours

How do I log onto my Banner account?

  1. Click on the Students tab on our website
  2. Then click on the Banner Web using STC Email link under Web Tools & Support.
  3. You will be taken to the Banner Web page where you will need to enter your Savannah Tech email address as your username and your email password as the password for Banner.
  4. If you are unsure of your Savannah Tech email address or password, you can find out more information on the Email Accounts page.

How can I schedule a tour of Savannah Technical College?

Tours are available at all of our campuses. Pick your program and campus to help us schedule your visit to campus. We will contact you with more program information and to schedule a visit.

Which programs are associated with aviation employment and how do I apply?

Aviation programs include structural, aviation maintenance, avionics with short-term training and longer degree/diploma programs. The programs are taught at the Aviation Training Center – Crossroads campus near the Savannah Hilton Head International Airport. Programs are only offered based on industry hiring needs and a wait list is maintained. Follow regular admissions requirements to apply. Visit the Aviation Division for more details and a schedule of info sessions.

I would like to know more about the Dental Hygiene program.

Please direct all inquiries regarding the Dental Hygiene program to Dr. Suzanne Edenfield 912.443.5732. If she is not available, then to Ms. Cindy Cole 912.443.5721.

Please note: application packets are available through the department. Students are accepted into the Health Care Science TCC first and then reviewed for competitive admissions into Dental Hygiene.  The application process usually opens November 1st and ends April 30th.

I would like to know more about your LPN program.

Practical Nursing graduates qualify for LPN licensure. This is a competitive admissions program with pre-requisites like the Health Care Assistant TCC. Training is available at the Savannah and Liberty campuses. A night cohort started at the Savannah Campus in Fall 2022.

How do I enroll in the CDL program?

Commercial Truck Driving training is offered at the Effingham and Liberty campuses only. The first step to apply for Commercial Truck Driving (CDL) training is to apply to the College. Visit this link for additional CDL program admissions requirements.

How do I sign up for the Police Academy?

Additional steps for admission are required for the Peace Officer Academy for Basic Law Enforcement Training – beyond the College application. Visit this page for more details and a complete list of steps to enroll. The POST certification process takes about a month – so don’t wait to get started.

Do Dual Enrollment students pay an application fee? What if I have graduated?

No, current high school (Dual Enrollment) students do not pay the $25 application fee. Former dual enrollment students must pay the application fee if they wait a semester or start at another college and return to Savannah Tech after graduating.