- Academic Planning shared workspace
- Case management and advisement notes
- Communications and early alerts
GETTING STARTED IN NAVIGATE
STEP 1: Add your calendar availability so students can schedule appointments with you.
Estimated time to completion: 10 minutes.
- Log into Navigate Staff using your Banner credentials
- Click the “My Availability” tab at the top.
- Under “Available Times,” find the “Actions” drop-down menu. Click “Add Time”
- Follow the prompts.
- Make your availability broad and select end time(s) as “forever”
- Manage time primarily through Outlook as Navigate will not book over Outlook appointments or busy times.
- Availability time blocks can be categorized as virtual, drop-in, or phone.
- Add “Special Instructions” for students so they come prepared.
- Advise using only email?
- Choose “drop-in” availability and then add your email address to the URL field and provide “Special Instructions” asking students to email you at …..@savannahtech.edu
STEP 2: Sync your Outlook calendar.
Navigate will only allow students to schedule appointments on days and times that you specify. If you have an appointment or event that happens to fall during the appointment days/hours that you’d previously scheduled in Navigate, simply block that time off in your Outlook calendar. Navigate will read you as busy during that time and will not allow students to schedule with you.
- Download the Navigate Quick Start guide for faculty/staff.
- Use the Navigate Help Center
- Email: EABNavigator@savannahtech.edu
Building Academic Plans for Students
Communications & Record-Keeping
Understanding Your Home Screen
- Staff (Advisor) Profile Icons (vertical blue menu on the left side screen)
- Student Profile Tabs in Navigate Staff (What you see when viewing a student’s information):