Congratulations! Your program completion is now within your reach, and it’s time to apply for graduation. We are so proud of you and your achievements.
In order to be eligible for a degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all admission requirements (regular admit).
- Complete the required courses in the program of study.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher or have a 2.0 adjusted GPA.
- Complete a minimum of twenty-five percent (25%) of program courses at Savannah Technical College.
- Have an official high school transcript or GED on file, if applicable to the program of study.
- Satisfy all financial obligations to the college.
Students participating in the May commencement ceremony must pay a $40 fee. Students not participating in the graduation ceremony are not required to pay the fee but must complete the graduation application.
How to Apply
- Obtain a current Graduation Planning Guide and Graduation Evaluation Request Form from the Student Affairs Center, program advisor or website.
- Meet with your advisor and complete the curriculum worksheet for your program of study.
- The program advisor will submit the graduation application, with accompanying worksheet(s), to the Registrar’s Office through SharePoint. (Example: If graduating/completing program in the Spring Semester, application must be submitted by midterm of Spring Semester.)
- Pay the graduation ceremony fee on the scheduled date for cap and gown measurements, if participating.
- Refer to the Graduation Timeline for deadline information.
NOTE: A graduation application must be submitted for students seeking a degree, diploma, and technical certificate of credit. Awards are not issued automatically.
- An advisor/dean may recommend course substitutions for the program of study. These substitutions cannot supersede or conflict with the prescribed state approved curriculum.
- When necessary, an adjusted GPA calculation is used. This includes only those courses required for the program completion.
- When a course is taken more than once, the final grade will be used in determining graduation eligibility.
- The Registrar reviews the student’s record and application for graduation and certifies that all requirements have been met for each degree, diploma, or certificate of credit.
- The Registrar notifies the student and advisor of non-completion of all graduation/program completion requirements.
- Students must re-apply for graduation, if all requirements are not met.
Graduation with Honors
Students who achieve a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher will be designated as honor graduates. Names of candidates graduating with honors will appear in the commencement program and those graduates wear an honor cord/stole. All course requirements must be satisfied to certify honor graduates.
Graduation Time Limit
Students returning to Savannah Technical College after being out for one (1) or more semester and wish to complete a program of study, must meet the requirements for the current program of study. If the student was enrolled in a program that has been eliminated, the student must choose a current program and meet all requirements for that program.
Students who wish to complete their program of study at another institution must:
- Contact the Registrar’s Office at Savannah Technical College.
- Meet the requirements for a current program of study.
- Identify and provide descriptions of those courses the student wishes to complete at the other institution. (Transfer credits will only be granted on a course equivalent basis.)
After graduation, students often need to obtain official transcripts that show courses taken and grades earned while at Savannah Technical College. For information about requesting a transcript please click the following link: