GRADUATION PLANNING GUIDE FOR FALL TCC CEREMONY
Due to social distancing and limitations for large group gatherings, Savannah Technical College has made the difficult decision to offer a virtual ceremony for its Fall TCC 2020 graduation for Spring/Summer 2020 TCC completers. The virtual Fall TCC ceremony will debut at 7PM on Nov. 19, 2020.
VIRTUAL GRADUATION TIMELINE
- Complete interest form by Oct. 21 (Spring/Summer TCC completers)
- Pay $30 TCC commencement fee by Oct. 23
- Pick up cap/gown/tassel/etc through noon on Friday, Nov. 6 from 9AM-4PM (Mon-Thurs) or 9AM-Noon on Friday) at the Savannah, Effingham and Liberty campuses
Submit cap/gown photo to STC by Nov. 9
STC live virtual broadcast 7 p.m. on Nov. 19
To participate in the virtual commencement ceremony, there is a $30 graduation fee, which includes the cost of your cap and gown. Fees are non-refundable. Graduation fee payment may be made online (*once the fee has been added to your account) or by phone with the STC cashier. Once you complete the above form to indicate interest, the $30 fee will be added to your account in Banner. *Within up to 48 hours after completing the form, you should be able to make the payment online.
(Note: TCC Commencement ceremony is for Spring/Summer TCC completers.)
CAP AND GOWN PICK-UP
Caps and gowns will be available for pick-up through Nov. 6 from 9AM-4PM (Mon-Thurs) or 9AM – Noon (Friday) at our campuses. Please indicate on the graduation interest form which campus is closest to you. We will email students that have paid with more information about picking up their cap/gown and how to submit their photo for the virtual ceremony. The cap & gown must be picked up by the participating student, with proper ID. Students are not allowed to wear decorated caps during the graduation commencement ceremony. An extra cap may be purchased from the Registrar’s Office for a charge of $10.
VIRTUAL CEREMONY PHOTO REQUIREMENTS:
- Wear your cap and gown. Gown must be zipped. Tassel should be on left side
- Hold your diploma cover in both hands (no hand signs) or one hand if a selfie.
- Take the photo waist up (see above). We will crop your submission to fit the template.
- Please use social distancing to take your photo – so you may safely have your photo taken without a mask or sun glasses.
- Do not add adornment/decoration to your cap or gown
- Students are encouraged to wear the honor cords provided by the college (honor, military, NTHS, PTK)
- Savannah Technical College reserves the right to request a replacement photo for those that do not meet the requirements.
- TCC Ceremony photos must be submitted by Nov. 9 (link below)
DEGREE AND DIPLOMA INSERTS
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all information is up-to-date in BANNER (STC Student Database). Inserts will be mailed to the student at the current address listed in BANNER.
If you apply for completion and are ineligible at the time you apply, you must submit a new application.