GRADUATION PLANNING GUIDE FOR SPRING 2021 CEREMONY
Due to social distancing and limitations for large group gatherings, Savannah Technical College has made the difficult decision to offer a virtual ceremony for the Spring 2021 ceremony. The virtual ceremony will debut at 6PM on May 25, 2021.
VIRTUAL GRADUATION TIMELINE
- Order Cap & Gown Online: March 1, 2021 through March 26, 2021
- Pay Graduation Fee: At the Campus Shop either in person, by calling 912443-4790, or online, from April 5, 2021 – April 23, 2021
- Pick up cap/gown/tassel/etc: Monday, May 3, 2021 through Thursday, May 6, 2021 from 9:00am – 5:00pm at the Savannah Campus.
Submit cap/gown photo: Deadline is May 12, 2021. Submission form is located below.
STC live virtual broadcast: 6 p.m. on May 25, 2021
To participate in the virtual commencement ceremony, there is a $40 graduation fee, which includes the cost of your cap and gown. Fees are non-refundable. Graduation fee payment may be made online
CAP AND GOWN PICK-UP
Caps and gowns will be available for pick-up Monday, May 3rd through Thursday, May 6, 2021 from 9:00am – 5:00pm at the Savannah Campus. The cap & gown must be picked up by the participating student, with proper ID. Students are not allowed to wear decorated caps during the graduation commencement ceremony. An extra cap may be purchased from the Registrar’s Office for a charge of $10.
VIRTUAL CEREMONY PHOTO REQUIREMENTS:
- Wear your cap and gown. Gown must be zipped. Tassel should be on left side
- Hold your diploma cover in both hands (no hand signs) or one hand if a selfie.
- Take the photo waist up (see above). We will crop your submission to fit the template.
- Please use social distancing to take your photo – so you may safely have your photo taken without a mask or sun glasses.
- Do not add adornment/decoration to your cap or gown
- Students are encouraged to wear the honor cords provided by the college (honor, military, NTHS, PTK)
- Savannah Technical College reserves the right to request a replacement photo for those that do not meet the requirements.
- TCC Ceremony photos must be submitted by Nov. 9 (link below)
DEGREE AND DIPLOMA INSERTS
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all information is up-to-date in BANNER (STC Student Database). Inserts will be mailed to the student at the current address listed in BANNER.
If you apply for completion and are ineligible at the time you apply, you must submit a new application.
Virtual Graduation Photo SubmissionCongratulations on your academic accomplishments! Here is what you need to know to submit your photo to be included in Savannah Technical College’s virtual graduation ceremony: Submit photos by May 12, 2021 (see above for photo submission requirements).