Georgia State Aid Programs
The State of Georgia offers a number of funding opportunities to assist with post-secondary education. The Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) is the state agency that provides financial aid to help Georgia students realize their higher education dreams. Georgia Student Finance Commission programs include state- and lottery-funded scholarships, grants and cancelable service loans. The Georgia Helping Outstanding Pupils Educationally (HOPE) scholarship and grant programs are state funded award programs which provide financial assistance to students in degree, diploma, and technical certificate programs. The HOPE program will pay partial tuition as determined by the Commission for eligible students. HOPE does not cover Continuing Education Courses, books and supplies, or mandatory fees. For further information regarding the HOPE programs, visit www.GAfutures.org.
The Georgia Student Finance Commission also uses the FAFSA application to determine eligibility for State Aid. It is recommended that you complete and submit the FAFSA if you are interested in receiving Georgia State Aid.
- HOPE Scholarship
- HOPE Grant
- HOPE GED Grant
- HOPE Career Grant (Formerly Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant)
- Zell Miller Grant
- Zell Miller Scholarship
- Georgia HERO Scholarship
- Georgia Student Access Loan
HOPE programs require students to meet basic requirements. An eligible student must:
- Meet HOPE’s U.S. citizenship or eligible non-citizen requirements;
- Be a legal resident of Georgia;
- Meet enrollment requirements;
- Be in compliance with Selective Service registration requirements;
- Meet academic achievement standards required by the program or the college;
- Be in good standing on all student loans or other financial aid programs;
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990;
- Not have exceeded the maximum award limits for any HOPE program.
For a complete listing of eligibility requirements, please review the individual HOPE Scholarship, Zell Miller Grant, Zell Miller Scholarship, HOPE Grant, or HOPE GED Grant program regulations.