Left to right: Kay Ford, Monica Dorsey, Taylor Mongin, Steven Stowers, Stacy Watson, Dr. Fran Baker-Witt, Kevin Jackson.
SAVANNAH, GA – Savannah Technical College Foundation Board of Trustees recently announced leadership changes and welcomed new members to its board for FY2023.
The FY2023 executive committee includes: Kay Ford – Chairman; David Burkoff – Vice Chair; Taylor Mongin – Treasurer; Gary Sanchez – Past-Chair; and Sam McCachern and Alfonso Ribot will serve as At Large members. New board members include: Monica Dorsey, Taylor Mongin, Steven Stowers, Stacy Watson. Fran Baker-Witt and Kevin Jackson joined the board mid-year in FY2022.
- Monica Dorsey: For the past 16 years, she has been the Chief Executive Officer for Downtime Fleet Management Services, the only woman-owned small business of its kind in North America.
- Taylor Mongin: She is a partner with Holland, Bromley, Barrnhill & Brett, LLP. She is a CPA with master’s and bachelor’s degrees in accounting from the University of Georgia.
- Steven Stowers, AIA: He is an award-winning architect in Savannah for the past 20 years. In 2017, he started his own practice, Architecture 101, first in Beaufort, S.C., and then expanding into Savannah in 2019. He is co-founder of the Savannah Design Collaborative and has served as President of AIA Savannah (2008) and AIA Georgia (2021).
- Stacy Watson: He has worked for the Georgia Ports Authority (GPA) for 30 years and is its Director of Economic & Industrial Development. He is a Wing Inspector General for the Georgia Air National Guard. He has an MBA from Webster University, a BBA from the Parker College of Business at Georgia Southern University and has an Associate of Science in Business Administration from Middle Georgia College.
- Dr. Fran Baker-Witt: She is the President and Chief Executive Officer for Effingham Health System. She has more than a decade of experience with health system leadership. She holds a Doctorate of Nursing Practice (CPN)from Capella University, an MBA from Everest University – South Orlando, and a Bachelor of Science in Registered Nursing (BSN) from Loyola University Chicago.
- Kevin “Catfish” Jackson: is Chief Executive Officer of Envirovac Holdings, LLC. He formed EnviroVac in May 1999 and previously served as Vice President of Marketing at Scapa Group. He began his sales career in 1985 with Georgia Fastener and Safety Company. He has served as the chairman for the Savannah Economic Development Authority and the GPA Board of Directors.
Founded in 1984, the Savannah Technical College Foundation is a private, nonprofit organization that exists to raise and disburse funds to support the College’s efforts to enhance learning, workforce training and economic development in Bryan, Chatham, Effingham and Liberty counties.
#2306 | July 27, 2022
Media Contact: Amy Shaffer, APR
912.443.5512 or email@example.com
Savannah Technical College serves Coastal Georgia with quality, market-driven technical education with campus locations in Chatham, Effingham and Liberty Counties. Serving more than 10,000 credit and non-credit students annually, Savannah Tech offers nearly 150 different instructional programs in Aviation Technology, Business and Professional Services, Industrial Technology, and Health Sciences in addition to Adult Education classes, industry-specific training and continuing education. The College serves as an economic and community development partner for the region, offering corporate and customized training and assessment programs for business and industry.
Savannah Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit. Questions about the accreditation of Savannah Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).