Career Exploration Resources
Savannah Tech partners with leading Employers in the region to offer employment opportunities specific to its students’ fields of study. Register and upload your resume today to apply to local opportunities and network with employers.
“RED FLAGS” TO TO AVOID FRAUDELENT EMPLOYERS
- The employer does not have a working phone number, website, address, or point of contact.
- The employer is contacting you in unconventional ways (texting, through an app, or from a personal email account).
- Requests for personal or financial information (Driver’s license, SSN)
- Requests for payment by wire or courier
- Offerings of large rewards for allowing use of your bank account
- Receipt of an unexpectedly large check or deposit to your bank account
- Scam reports: www.ripoffreport.com.
- Google the employer’s phone number, fax number, and/or email address, if it does not appear connected to an actual business organization, this is a red flag
- Use websites to include Better Business Bureau, Hoovers, Anywho and Glassdoor.com to verify organizations and search for feedback and complaints
- Use social media to research each employer, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn-
- ALWAYS report an employer if you believe they are SPAM or FRAUDULENT
WANT TO LEARN MORE WAYS TO FIND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES? CHECK OUT THESE RESOURCES:
- The O-Net – Published by the U.S. Dept. of Labor, the O*NET has detailed descriptions of the world of work! Browse across 900+ occupations based on your goals and needs. Learn about requirements, characteristics, and available opportunities for your selected occupation
- Georgia Department of Labor: The Georgia Department of Labor matches qualified job seekers with employers and collects data to help businesses, economic developers, planners, and the workforce make quality work-related decisions.
- Explore Great Georgia Jobs: Join the Georgia Workforce Team and Dale Cardwell of TrustDale.com as we travel across Georgia in search of Great Georgia Jobs. Whether you’re just entering the workforce or have reached a turning point in your career, each episode of this new television series will focus on great Georgia jobs and the Georgians who have landed them.
- Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency: The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Program helps eligible individuals with physical and/or mental disabilities obtain and/or maintain employment in a competitive integrated work site.
Next Step…..Job Search Preparation