STC Foundation Celebrates 2019 Tribute to Community STARs
SAVANNAH, Ga. – A crowd of nearly 250 gathered in the Eckburg Auditorium on the campus of Savannah Technical College today to celebrate the 2019 Tribute to Community STARS luncheon, the thirteenth annual event recognizing people for their service and dedication in the community or at work.
- Dawn Baker, Anchor, WTOC-TV, sponsored by Architecture 101;
- Noel Burgdorf, Drayage Operations Manager, Schneider, sponsored by Schneider;
- Jenny Dent, Executive Administrative Assistant & Chief of Staff, Visit Savannah, sponsored by Savannah Chamber/Visit Savannah;
- Patrice Gardner, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, The Club at Savannah Quarters®, sponsored by The Club at Savannah Quarters®;
- LaMonica Graham, Emergency Services & Permanent Supportive Housing Program Manager, Union Mission, sponsored by Savannah Morning News;
- James Halford, Savannah Technical College 2019 Rick Perkins Instructor of the Year, sponsored by Savannah Technical College;
- Kenzie Hancock, Special Olympian and Powerlifter, sponsored by John Davis Florist;
- Renea Hanna, Savannah Technical College 2019 GOAL Student of the Year, sponsored by Savannah Technical College;
- Candace & Erika Hardnett, Founders, Agape Empowerment Ministries, sponsored by Bertice Berry Productions;
- Becca Hutcheson, Savannah Technical College 2019 EAGLE Student of the Year, sponsored by Savannah Technical College;
- Linda James, Business Administrator, The Salvation Army, sponsored by JW Williams Consulting & Services for the Salvation Army Savannah;
- Marty Johnston, Chief Operating Officer, City of Savannah, sponsored by Thomas & Hutton;
- Kathy Levitt, Volunteer Extraordinaire, sponsored by LS3P;
- Frank Macgill, Partner, HunterMaclean, sponsored by HunterMaclean;
- Gina Peper, VP Sales & Marketing, North Point Hospitality, sponsored by North Point Hospitality;
- Cari Clark Phelps, Owner/Principal, Clark Creative, sponsored by Ad Specialty;
- Thelia Price, Line Cook, EmployAbility, sponsored by EmployAbility;
- Tonya Reed, CFO/Co-Owner, Henry Plumbing Company, sponsored by National Association of Women in Construction – Coastal Georgia Chapter;
- Cecilia Russo Turner, Owner, Cecilia Russo Marketing, sponsored by McGriff Insurance;
- Randy Shearouse, Superintendent, Effingham County School District, sponsored by Edwards Interiors; and
- Gena Taylor, Executive Director, Greenbriar Children’s Center, sponsored by Judy & Dick Eckburg.
The keynote address was delivered by Roger Moss, Jr., co-founder of Savannah Children’s Choir, which aims to unite, mentor and transform Savannah’s children into responsible, creative and confident leaders through excellence in choral performance and music education. Also, through education and performance, he strives to instill in the next generation a love of the beauty and variety of American music.
The event is hosted by the Savannah Technical College Foundation Community Council, a group of young professionals charged with expanding the awareness of Savannah Technical College and its mission through advocacy, awareness and fundraising.
Founded in 1984, the Savannah Technical College Foundation is a private, nonprofit organization that exists to raise and disburse funds to support the College’s efforts to enhance learning, workforce training and economic development in Bryan, Chatham, Effingham and Liberty counties. The STC Foundation recently helped the College purchase 7 West Bay Street as the new location for an expansion of STC’s Culinary Arts program.
Savannah Technical College serves Coastal Georgia with quality, market-driven technical education with campus locations in Chatham, Effingham and Liberty Counties. Serving more than 10,000 credit and non-credit students annually, Savannah Tech offers nearly 150 different instructional programs in Aviation Technology, Business and Professional Services, Industrial Technology, and Health Sciences in addition to Adult Education classes, industry-specific training and continuing education. The College serves as an economic and community development partner for the region, offering corporate and customized training and assessment programs for business and industry.
Savannah Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the associate degree, diplomas, and technical certificates of credit. Contact SACSCOC for questions about the accreditation of Savannah Technical College. All questions about admission, enrollment, job placement, and related matters should be directed to an appropriate office at Savannah Technical College. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane Decatur, GA 30033-4097, 404-679-4500.
#1938 | April 12,
Media Contact: Amy Shaffer, APR
912.443.5512 or email@example.com