Savannah Tech is recognized for excellence at 2022 SkillsUSA Georgia conference
ATLANTA, Ga. – Savannah Technical College was recognized for excellence at the Georgia 2022 SkillsUSA Post-secondary State Conference.
Students won medals in 13 competitions: eight gold, four silver, and one bronze. Photos of 2022 SkillsUSA state medalists and honorees may be found on STC’s Facebook page.
SkillsUSA is a national career and technical student organization/competition that annually serves more than 395,000 high school, college and post-secondary students–and their instructors–in technical, skilled and service-occupation instructional programs.
STC Early Childhood Care & Education instructor and SkillsUSA advisor Stephanie Grant was named the Georgia Skills USA Advisor of the year. Grant has been a SkillsUSA advisor at the College for the past four years.
The College also earned a Chapter of Excellence Level Silver designation. STC Construction Management student Latisha Perkins was elected as a SkillsUSA Georgia State Officer for 2022-23.
More than 40 students participated in 18 competitions. Eight individuals/teams won gold and will compete in the national SkillsUSA leadership and skills competition in Atlanta this June:
- Barbering student Keith Longoria won gold for Barbering;
- Industrial Maintenance Systems students Corey Stotler and Tyjuan Maynor won gold for Commercial sUAS Drone (demonstration);
- The Community Service team won gold for the second year in a row with teammates: Donna Lowe, Crystal Sapp, and Hunter Matthews
- Savannah Film Academy students Joshua Ingram and James Rush, II, won gold for Digital Cinema Production;
- Industrial Maintenance Systems student Rylane Wright won gold for Mobile Electronics Installation;
- The Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) team won gold for the second year in a row with teammates from Construction Management: Helen Sande, Lily Darsey and Cristian Veloso;
- The Promotional Bulletin Board team won gold with Early Childhood Care & Education teammates: Joyce Carter, Glenda Lippy and Dyneesha Clark;
- The Quiz Bowl team won gold with teammates from Industrial Maintenance Systems: Khalil Marrero, Nicholas McDuffee, John Myers, Destin Cramer, Otis Williams, II, Jeremy Lanier, and Stephen Grant
STC teams or individuals won silver medals in four competitions:
- Early Childhood Care & Education student Johneshia Fuller-Johnson won silver in the Customer Service competition;
- Early Childhood Care & Education student Quanesha Moolenaar won silver for Early Childhood Education;
- Electrical Technology student Steven Calvert won silver for Electrical Construction Wiring;
- Savannah Film Academy students Joseph D’Addio and Alex Payne won silver for Television (Video) Production;
Early Childhood Care & Education student Chelsey Fleming won bronze for Early Childhood Education.
#2235 | March 4, 2022
Media Contact: Amy Shaffer, APR
912.443.5512 or email@example.com