Savannah Tech Honors Community Stars at Tribute
#1349 | March 22, 2013
SAVANNAH – The Savannah Technical College Foundation Community Council honored 19 stars at the 2013 Tribute to Community STARS today. The event, now in its seventh year, honors individuals, nominated for their service and dedication at work or in the community.
The following were honored at the 2013 Tribute to Community Stars:
- Sheri Butler, sponsored by Wells Fargo;
- Joe & Mary Dobransky, sponsored by Dick and Judy Eckburg;
- Rhasheda Fann, sponsored by Savannah Tech’s Adult Education Advisory Committee
- Richard & Robin Greco, sponsored by Azalea Health Innovations and Select One Media;
- Emmaline Blu Harvin, sponsored by Joe Marchese Construction and John Davis Florist;
- Edna Jackson, sponsored by SEDA;
- Janice James, sponsored by Amerigroup and Footprint Savannah;
- Al Kennickell, sponsored by South Magazine;
- Pete Liakakis, sponsored by Savannah Morning News;
- Molly Lieberman, sponsored by Howard Morrison;
- Donald Lovette, sponsored by Johnson Laux Construction;
- Kirby Mason, sponsored by HunterMaclean;
- Julie Olsen, sponsored by Bill Cathcart;
- Julian Pafford, sponsored by Georgia Power;
- Susan Pinkston, sponsored by Savannah Technical College;
- Eleanor Rhangos, sponsored by Coastal Center for Development Services;
- Ashley Smith, sponsored by Savannah Tech’s Foundation Community Council;
- T. David Tribble, sponsored by DIRTT;
- 165th Airlift Wing, sponsored by Celia Dunn, Bernard Williams, Co., and Helen Johnson
The event is sponsored by the STC Foundation Community Council, a group of young professionals charged with expanding the local knowledge and profile of Savannah Technical College and its mission and with raising funds to support the college, its programs and students. The Community Council is co-chaired by Steven Stowers and Heather Novak, and the Tribute to Community STARS event is chaired by Laura Lee Bocade. Dr. Bertice Berry, best-selling author, comedienne and speaker, delivered the keynote address, and Sonny Dixon was the master of ceremonies.
Media Contact: Amy Shaffer, APR
912.443.5512 or email@example.com
Savannah Technical College serves Coastal Georgia with quality, market-driven technical education with campus locations in Chatham, Effingham and Liberty Counties. Serving more than 10,000 credit and non-credit students annually, Savannah Tech offers nearly 150 different instructional programs in Aviation Technology, Business and Professional Services, Industrial Technology, and Health Sciences in addition to Adult Education classes, industry-specific training and continuing education. The College serves as an economic and community development partner for the region, offering corporate and customized training and assessment programs for business and industry.
Savannah Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit. Questions about the accreditation of Savannah Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).