Non-Tax Filer

If you, your spouse, or parent(s) worked but did not file a prior year tax return and was not required to file a tax return, you must:

  • complete a Non-tax Filer’s form and provide copies of all W-2’s.
  • include documentation of any untaxed income from other sources (such as social security benefits, SSI, non-taxed portions of pensions, etc).

To learn more about whether you are required to file a federal tax return, visit the IRS website.

If you did not work and had zero income, you must meet with a Savannah Technical College Financial Aid Professional and complete a Declaration of No Income form. You will need to provide proof of how you supported yourself in the prior year. The Declaration of No/Low Income may be downloaded here.