Amazon Career Choice
Advance your career with Amazon’s Career Choice program. This education benefit empowers Amazon employees to learn new skills for career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Amazon provides a variety of education and upskilling opportunities including pre-paid college tuition, industry certifications designed to lead to in-demand jobs, and foundational skills such as English language, high school diplomas, and GEDs after working for the company for 90 days.
Savannah Technical College is proud to be an educational partner of Amazon’s Career Choice program. As an educator in the Amazon Career Choice partner network, we deliver on Amazon’s commitment to provide employees with best-in-class support on their path to career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Together, we are committed to providing excellent education, job placement resources and a diverse and supportive student experience. Savannah Tech’s program offerings align to internal roles and career pathways, offering opportunities for employees to pursue their career. Eligible employees have the opportunity to advance their education and career with Amazon Career Choice and Savannah Technical College.
How to get started with Career Choice at Savannah Tech
- Apply for admission.
- Enroll in classes with your academic advisor
- Request payment from Amazon Career Choice
- Visit A to Z and submit a payment request for Savannah Technical College
- The request will be sent to Savannah Technical College to confirm course level details, and either approve or deny the request.
- If approved, Amazon will pay the College directly.
Background for Career Choice
- In the U.S., Amazon is investing $1.2 billion to upskill more than 300,000 employees by 2025 to help move them into higher-paying, in-demand jobs.
- Amazon’s Career Choice program works with numerous education providers across the U.S., which includes colleges and universities, partners providing industry certifications, English language proficiency, and high school completion programs.
- Amazon’s Career Choice program launched in 2012.
- Career Choice is now live in 14 countries (Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, and U.S.) and works with hundreds of educational providers globally.
- Healthcare, transportation, and information technology are the Career Choice program’s most popular fields of study globally.
- Over 40% of Amazon’s Career Choice participants identify as BIPOC
Career Choice Benefits
- Pre-paid tuition and reimbursement of books and fees up to an annual maximum
- Limitless learning, with no limit to the number of years you can utilize the benefit as long as you’re employed by Amazon.
- Fast starts, with eligible Amazon employees able to participate in Career Choice after only 90 days of employment.
- Aligned program offerings to internal roles and career pathways, offering opportunities for employees to pursue their career within Amazon or elsewhere.
- College credits can be transferred into this program.
For more information about Amazon Career Choice visit: https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/workplace/career-choice