Working in the United States

It is illegal for F-1 students to work off-campus in the United States unless approved for practical training through Immigration and Customs Enforcement. There are two types of practical training: Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT). For guidance and frequently asked questions on practical training, visit the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement practical training website.

Another opportunity for work in the U.S. is a job on-campus. If you are interested in working in an on-campus job, email the International Student Adviser for more information.