Other Business and Civic Sponsored Scholarships
Information and scholarships listed below are not affiliated with Savannah Technical College or Savannah Technical College Foundation. Please direct any questions to the sponsoring organization.
External Student Scholarships:
- American Culinary Federation: The American Academy of Chefs (AAC), the honor society of the American Culinary Federation (ACF), offers educational scholarships to high school students, college students, professional chefs looking to further their education or become certified and student culinary teams currently competing at ACF Regional and National conferences. http://www.acfchefs.org
- Abbott & Fenner Scholarship: The A&F Scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students, ages16 – 30, currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution. A 500 – 1000 word essay on a selected topic is required. http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
- AES Engineering Services: This scholarship is awarded on the basis of character, versus grades, as determined by essays that are submitted. Scholarships are intended for future leaders across a wide spectrum of fields of study. This award is available to high school seniors and all students attending a post secondary educational facility. You are not required to be taking Engineering courses to be eligible. Essays must be no more than 1000 words and address one of two topics. http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.php
- Army Emergency Relief Scholarship Program: The AER program offers scholarships to spouses and dependent children of active or retired Army Soldiers. Awards are based on financial need. https://www.armyemergencyrelief.org/scholarships/
- Automotive Hall of Fame Scholarships: The Automotive Hall of Fame serves as administrator to over $20,000 in combined college scholarships annually. To be eligible for a scholarship you must Be accepted at an accredited college, university or trade school within the United States at the time of application, must be enrolled full-time and Must have 3.0 GPA or higher. http://automotivehalloffame.org/scholarships
- Coastal Electric Cooperative Foundation Scholarship: Residents of South Bryan Liberty and McIntosh counties who are graduating seniors, college students or adult students returning to school are eligible. Applications are judged on the basis of commitment to community, integrity, accountability, innovation and financial need. Scholarships are for undergraduate studies. http://coastalelectriccooperative.com/scholarships/
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarships: The Coca−Cola Scholars Foundation supports over 1,400 college students each year, with annual scholarships of $3.4 million through two nationally recognized programs on behalf of the Coca−Cola System.
- ConstructMyFuture Scholarhips: ConstructMyFuture scholarships will be offered to students and/or construction industry professionals to be used for higher education or applied to the purchase price of tools for those who are entering or working in the industry.
- F. A. Davis Nursing Undergraduate Scholarship: Annual nursing scholarship for an undergraduate nursing student (training leading to NCLEX eligibility), who is studying in the U.S. or Canada. Application deadline July. Winners selected by August. http://www.fadavis.com/scholarship
- Georgia-Pacific Foundation: For children of employees of Georgia-Pacific LLC and its subsidiaries within the United States. Awards are distributed amount divisions. Program offered through the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. http://www.nationalmerit.org/
- Helen & Vernon Crawford Scholarship: This scholarship is for adults who have completed a literacy program and wish to pursue a higher education. Adults who wish to try out for this scholarship must be a legal Georgia resident and have a high school diploma or have a GED. Crawford Application
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund: The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is the nation’s leading organization supporting Hispanic higher education. HSF offers multiple scholarship opportunities for graduating seniors, undergraduate college students and graduate students.
- Home Depot Trade Scholarship: The Home Depot Trade Scholarship Program is open to students nationwide currently enrolled in a building and construction trade school program at a college, university or accredited educational institution who will be entering into the final year or term of their degree or career program. Winners will be selected based on academic performance, leadership and work experience. http://www.homedepot.com/tradescholarship
- Junior League of Savannah Kids Who Care Scholarships: The Kids Who Care scholarships are awarded in the spring. Five $1000 scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors from Chatham, Bryan, Effingham, Bullock, Jasper, Liberty, Glynn, and Beaufort counties who have demonstrated a strong commitment to volunteerism and outstanding community involvement.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation: Scholarships awarded to deserving sons and daughters of current or former United States Marines in their pursuit of higher education. One-year scholarships are awarded annually and are limited to undergraduate studies at accredited educational and/or technical institutions. “Heroes Tribute Scholarships” (of up to $30,000 over four years) are given to the children of Marines and the children of Navy Corpsmen serving with the Marines whose parent is killed in the ongoing Global War on Terror. Financial and GPA requirements. https://www.mcsf.org
- National Association of Women in Construction: NAWIC Founders’ Scholarship Foundation (NFSF) offers an Undergraduate Scholarship and Construction Trades Scholarship for students enrolled in two or four year construction related program. Award amounts range from $1,000-$2,000. https://www.nawic.org/nawic/NFSF.asp
- The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF): NRAEF encourages and supports senior high school students, GED graduates, undergraduate students, ProStart COA, and educators who are committed to furthering their education and enhancing their careers in the restaurant and foodservice industry by awarding scholarships through its Scholarships. http://www.nraef.org/scholarships/
- Savannah Area Tourism Leadership Council: Is awarded to a student pursuing a tourism or hospitality career in the greater Savannah area. Must maintain a 3.0 or above GPA.
- Savannah Board of Realtors Scholarship Fund: The purpose of the Savannah Board of Realtors Scholarship Fund is to provide scholarships to undergraduate students on the basis of merit and financial need The Fund was established by the Savannah Board of Realtors. Applicants are not limited as to field of study. The amount available for award is $1,500. Board of Realtors
- Shirley Carver Miller Scholarship: The purpose of the Shirley Carver Miller Scholarship is to reward GED graduates by providing a financial incentive to work towards continuing their education at one of Georgia’s technical colleges in any field of study of their choosing. Applicants must be nominated by a Certified Literate Community Program; A legal resident of Georgia; accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at a TCSG technical college. $500. Shirley Carver Miller Scholarship
- TYLENOL Scholarship Program: The TYLENOL Scholarship program is for students getting a healthcare-related education. Awards are typically between $5,000 – $10,000 and applications are usually due in May for September delivery of funds. http://www.tylenol.com/news/scholarship
- WyzAnt Scholarships: WyzAnt is a nationwide tutoring service with tutors all across the country, including over 50 in the Savannah area. They recently launched an annual scholarship contest that features $ 6,000 in total scholarships awards. The public, along with WyzAnt tutors, vote for finalists. http://www.wyzant.com/scholarships/