STC Foundation celebrates 2020 Tribute to Community STARs
SAVANNAH, Ga. – Savannah Technical College Foundation celebrated 21 community stars virtually today for its Tribute to Community STARs event. The 14th annual event has recognized 300 people for their service and dedication in the community or at work.
This year sponsors gathered in groups of 10 at their own locations to celebrate their star and enjoy a gourmet lunch prepared and packaged by Savannah Culinary Institute student chefs with COVID-19 safety protocols in place.
- Devin Bass, STC 2020 GOAL Student of the Year, sponsored by Savannah Technical College;
- Jennifer Bonnett, Executive Director, Creative Coast; Vice President for Innovation/Entrepreneurship, SEDA, sponsored by Corporate Environments;
- Mae Bowley, Executive Director, Re:Purpose Savannah, sponsored by McGriff Insurance Services;
- Susan Catron, Managing Editor, The Current, sponsored by Carriage Trade Public Relations;
- Denise Grabowski, Owner, Symbioscity, sponsored by Architecture 101;
- Robert Grant, Director of Development, Junior Achievement of Georgia, sponsored by Ad Specialty Services;
- Rushe Hudzinski, STC 2020 Instructor of the Year, sponsored by Savannah Technical College;
- Van Johnson, Mayor, City of Savannah, sponsored by National Office Systems;
- Pamela Jones, Community Leader, sponsored by Friends of Savannah Technical College;
- Cindy Murphy Kelley, Executive Director, Chatham Savannah Authority for the Homeless, sponsored by Hansen Architects;
- Paula Kreissler, Executive Director, Healthy Savannah, sponsored by Enmarket;
- Ann Levett, Superintendent, Savannah Chatham County Public School System, sponsored by Mary Morrison;
- Gif Lockley, Principal, Savannah Arts Academy, sponsored by Leopold’s Ice Cream and Gary Sanchez;
- Patti Lyons, President & CEO, Senior Citizens, Inc., sponsored by Judy & Dick Eckburg;
- Laura Moore, Savannah Market City President, BankSouth, sponsored by BankSouth;
- Ida Nelson, STC 2020 EAGLE Student of the Year, sponsored by Savannah Technical College;
- Kate Smith, Chief of Staff, Parker’s, sponsored by Parker’s;
- Dudley & Malena Stone, Founders, P.A.C.K., sponsored by Savannah Christian Preparatory School;
- Chris Tilton, President, The DeWitt Tilton Group, sponsored by Cecilia Russo Marketing;
- Erin Wessling, Founder, W Projects, sponsored by NAWIC of Coastal Georgia;
- Fran Baker-Witt, CEO, Effingham Health Systems, sponsored by Joe Marchese Commercial Construction and Effingham County Industrial Development Authority.
A special message was shared by Savannah Bananas owner Jesse Cole. The video may be viewed on the College’s Youtube and Facebook pages.
The Tribute event is held annually and is sponsored by the STC Foundation Community Council, a group of young professionals charged with expanding the local knowledge and profile of Savannah Technical College and its mission and with raising funds to support the college, its programs and students. Proceeds from the event benefit the Savannah Technical College Foundation.
Founded in 1984, the Savannah Technical College Foundation is a private, nonprofit organization that exists to raise and disburse funds to support the College’s efforts to enhance learning, workforce training and economic development in Bryan, Chatham, Effingham and Liberty counties. The STC Foundation recently helped the College purchase 7 West Bay Street as the new location for an expansion of the College’s Culinary Arts program.
#2109 | October 23, 2020
Media contact: Amy Shaffer, APR
912.443.5512 | email@example.com
Savannah Technical College serves Coastal Georgia with quality, market-driven technical education with campus locations in Chatham, Effingham and Liberty Counties. Serving more than 10,000 credit and non-credit students annually, Savannah Tech offers nearly 150 different instructional programs in Aviation Technology, Business and Professional Services, Industrial Technology, and Health Sciences in addition to Adult Education classes, industry-specific training and continuing education. The College serves as an economic and community development partner for the region, offering corporate and customized training and assessment programs for business and industry.
Savannah Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit. Questions about the accreditation of Savannah Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).