Foundation celebrates 2021 Tribute to Community STARs
Savannah Technical College Foundation celebrated 27 community stars virtually today for its Tribute to Community STARs event. The 15th annual event has recognized 300 people for their service and dedication in the community or at work.
This year sponsors gathered in groups of 10 at their own locations to celebrate their star and enjoy a gourmet brunch prepared and packaged by Savannah Culinary Institute student chefs with COVID-19 safety protocols in place.
- Lynda Beam, Owner, Guerry Lumber, sponsored by NAWIC of Coastal Georgia;
- Kathleen Benton, CEO, Hospice Savannah, sponsored by Gulfstream Aerospace;
- Kate Blair, Executive Director, Savannah CASA, sponsored by Matador Development;
- Josh Brooks, Owner, Brooks Construction Group, LLC, sponsored by Historic Savannah Foundation and Lesley Francis Public Relations;
- Lisa Colbert, Judge, Chatham County Superior Court, sponsored by Bertice Berry Productions, Inc.;
- John Coleman, COO, Bonitz of Georgia, sponsored by Savannah Economic Development Authority;
- Bill Daniel, Owner/Principal, Lassiter Investments, LLC, sponsored by Savannah Christian Preparatory School;
- Lawton Davis, Director, Coastal Health District, sponsored by Gulfstream Aerospace;
- Paul Egan, Corps Officer, Salvation Army, sponsored by Jim Williams for the Salvation Army Savannah;
- Carmel Hearn, Writer, Carriage Trade Public Relations, sponsored by Carriage Trade Public Relations;
- Wade Herring, Partner, HunterMaclean, sponsored by Bertice Berry Productions, Inc.;
- Jim Lee, CEO, Shamrock Drones, sponsored by Shamrock Drones;
- Carol Legasse, Co-Owner, The Salt Table, sponsored by Visit Savannah and The Salt Table;
- Tammie Mosley, Clerk of Superior Court for the Eastern Judicial Circuit of Georgia, sponsored by BankSouth;
- Jeanne Paddison, Executive Director, Savannah Wildlife Rescue Center, sponsored by Evans General Contractors and Coleman Company;
- Joycelin Primus, STC 2021 Instructor of the Year, sponsored by Friends of Savannah Technical College;
- Ann Purcell, Community Leader, sponsored by Effingham County Industrial Development Authority;
- Sean Register, Chair, Development Authority of Bryan County, sponsored by Development Authority of Bryan County;
- Lizann Roberts, Director, Coastal Georgia Indicators Coalition, sponsored by Healthy Savannah and YMCA of the Coastal Empire;
- Kristin Russell, Owner, Sentient Bean and Brighter Day, sponsored by Hansen Architects;
- Camille Russo, VP for Marketing, Junior Achievement of Georgia, sponsored by Ad Specialty Services;
- Cathy Sakas, Founder & Chair, Gray’s Reef National Marine Sanctuary Foundation, sponsored by Tenenbaum Consulting, Inc.;
- Kevin Sheehan, President, Savannah AMBUCS, sponsored by Thomas & Hutton;
- Donald Singleton, Community Leader, sponsored by Friends of Savannah Technical College;
- Anne Smith, Owner, Lominack Kolman Smith Architects, sponsored by Architecture 101;
- Rachel Waldron, STC 2021 Student of the Year, sponsored by Bonitz of Georgia; and
- Mary Warnell, Community Leader, sponsored by Mary Morrison.
A keynote message was shared by Dr. Bertice Berry. The pre-recorded video may be viewed on the College’s Youtube (https://bit.ly/TributetoCommunitySTARS2021) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SavannahTech) pages.
The annual event is hosted by the STC Foundation Community Council, a group of young professionals charged with expanding the local knowledge and profile of the College and its mission. The group also raises funds to support the college, its programs and students. Proceeds from the event benefit the Savannah Technical College Foundation.
Founded in 1984, the STC Foundation is a private, nonprofit organization that exists to raise and disburse funds to support the College’s efforts to enhance learning, workforce training and economic development in Bryan, Chatham, Effingham and Liberty counties.
# 2211 | October 15, 2021
Media Contact: Amy Shaffer, APR
912.443.5512 or email@example.com
Savannah Technical College serves Coastal Georgia with quality, market-driven technical education with campus locations in Chatham, Effingham and Liberty Counties. Serving more than 10,000 credit and non-credit students annually, Savannah Tech offers nearly 150 different instructional programs in Aviation Technology, Business and Professional Services, Industrial Technology, and Health Sciences in addition to Adult Education classes, industry-specific training and continuing education. The College serves as an economic and community development partner for the region, offering corporate and customized training and assessment programs for business and industry.
Savannah Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit. Questions about the accreditation of Savannah Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).