Commercial Truck Driving
Offered at the Following Campus Locations
The Commercial Truck Driving certificate program provides basic training in the principles and skills of commercial truck operations. The program is based on the definition of a truck driver as one who operates a commercial motor vehicle of all different sizes and descriptions on all types of roads. At the completion of the program, the student is administered the Georgia CDL Skills Exam.
- Students must be 18 years of age (21 for interstate travel).
- Complete and submit the admissions application along with the $25 non-refundable application fee ($10 for returning students).
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended. Transcripts must arrive to the college in a sealed envelope in order to be considered official.
- Schedule the ACCUPLACER placement exam and achieve appropriate test scores or you may:
- Provide acceptable placement test results from another postsecondary institution.
- Provide a transcript from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution documenting successful completion (a grade of “C” or better) in equivalent, program level English and Math courses.
- Must have a current valid Driver’s License
- Must not have than eight (8) points on your driving record.
- Must not have more than three (3) moving violations with the last three (3) years.
- No DUI or DWI within the past seven (7) years.
- Must not have more than two (2) serious traffic violations (as defined by the Commercial Driver’s manual from the Department of Driver Services) within the last three (3) years and no more than three (3) serious traffic violations within the last seven (7) years.
- Must not have more than one (1) major traffic violation (as defined by the Commercial Driver’s manual from the Department of Driver Services).
*We strongly encourage all students to obtain their Class A Learner’s Permit prior to the start of course due to the short time frame allotted once the course begins.
This program requires either the ACCUPLACER® or COMPASS college placement test with no High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum Required Age of 18.
ACCUPLACER® minimum scores: Reading Comprehension 36, Sentence Skills 30, Arithmetic 23
COMPASS minimum scores: Reading 70, Writing 32, Mathematics 26