Criminal Justice training prepares students for careers with thousands of opportunities in the criminal justice industry. The program emphasizes a combination of theory and practical, hands-on application necessary for successful employment. There are three components of the criminal justice system: law enforcement, the courts, and corrections, as well as careers in private security. This program is open to adults and high school students (10th-12th grades). If you work for a law enforcement agency, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
Criminal Justice courses (occupational) are offered at the Crossroads Campus (Savannah near airport) and Liberty Campus (Hinesville). General education courses included with Criminal Justice programs are available at the Savannah (White Bluff), Effingham, and Liberty campuses.
HOPE CAREER GRANT FUNDING
Students that qualify for the HOPE Grant and are enrolled the diploma or the Fundamentals or Specialist TCCS, may be eligible to receive additional funding through the HOPE Career Grant. Students enrolled in 9+ credits receive $500; 3-8 credits receive $250; and 1-2 credits receive $125 per semester.
- Criminal Justice Associate of Science Degree (transfers to Georgia Southern’s B.S. in Criminal Justice)
- Criminal Justice Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Criminal Justice Technology Diploma (HOPE Career Grant eligible)
- Criminal Justice Fundamentals TCC (HOPE Career Grant eligible)
- Criminal Justice Specialist TCC (HOPE Career Grant eligible)
- Selected Topics in Criminal Justice TCC
LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY WORKERS
Tuition assistance may be available with some agencies. Full-time officers may receive academic credit for current certifications.