Manager of Business and Industry Services
As our Manager for Business and Industry Services, Janie is responsible for our continuing education programs as well as custom training and development programs
for business and industry in the greater Savannah Region.
Janie is a Savannah native and has a background in retail sales and customer service as well as administrative duties in the higher education field. She is a UGA graduate
with a BBA in Marketing and as a Work-Study student, supported the Sociology department. In addition she has served as a volunteer for Habitat For Humanity.
Administrative Assistant for Economic Development
As the Administrative Assistant for Economic Development, Atina is responsible for the coordination, development, monitoring, and completion of project initiatives associated with Savannah Technical College’s Office for Economic Development. Atina also provides administrative support, comprehensive research and project management to Economic Development and Business
and Industry Services.
Atina is a Savannah native with over 25 years of experience in customer service, administrative assistant, and training and development in call center, copier, sales and education industries.
She is a graduate of University of Phoenix with her MIS and B.S. in Business Management. She is active in the community and works with Top Ladies of Distinction’s Top Teens of America.
Economic Development is responsible for several functional entities of Savannah Technical College.
Professional Continuing Education – Offers a variety of non-credit classes scheduled for individual life-long learning. Please see below just a few classes offered.
Savannah Technical College provides a (DDS approved) Driver’s Education program in cooperation with the Georgia Driver’s Education Commission (GDEC).
President at Savannah Supply Chain, Bill Stankiewicz also known as The Savannah Supply Chain Guy because of the solutions he provides on warehouse selections & quick transload transport providers. Bill has extensive background within the supply chain matrix, “Port to Consumer”, delivering seamless networking value for numerous industries.
Tricia Veldman’s strong academic foundation, diverse cultural experiences, and empathetic nature has shaped her unique, integrated approach to therapy and coaching. Her passion lies in helping individuals develop the art of communication to promote their own self-expression and personal success.
Nicole Porche years of experience in the film industry has afforded her the opportunity to teach others. She has earned her credits as an Acting Coach, Casting Director, Producer and Film Director. She has been featured in Rolling Out and Celebrity Net Worth “The Richest”.
Travis Chance, President/ Financial Planner at CFG Wealth Management, LLC.
Certified Financial Planner and Retirement Income Certified Professional focused on income and asset maximizing strategies, while providing dependable tax efficient strategies for managing wealth.
The following summary describes other functional areas within Economic Development.
- Assessment Center – Our Assessment Center provides a wide variety of services.
- Contract Training – Customized training for specific company and/or purpose.
- CCR&R – Child Care Resource & Referral agency is committed to the promotion of high quality early child care and learning in Southeast Georgia through education and collaborative efforts with families, early childhood professionals, and members of the community.
- Manufacturing and Logistics –
- Customer Support – Direct Support Professional (DSP), and Supervisory Management.
Dr. Brent A. Stubbs, Vice President of Economic Development and most recently the Vice President of Adult Education at the College. Dr. Stubbs plans, administers, and evaluates economic development services to include supervision and leadership.
Dr. Stubbs top priorities also includes:
- Developing partnerships with businesses, industries, agencies, schools and other community stakeholder organizations to make community and economic development programs accessible;
- Promoting, developing, providing instruction and/or administering professional development and pre-employment training programs; and
- Conducting industry job and training analysis, developing training plans and designing performance-based training.