The goal of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s Outreach Training Program for General Industry is to “provide training for workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces in general industry. The program also provides information regarding workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint.” (OSHA.gov)
OSHA 30-Hour General Industry
Next Session: To Be Determined
The OSHA 30-HR General Industry Course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Managing Safety and Health
- Walking and Working Surfaces, including Fall Protection
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Materials Handling
- Hazard Communication
In addition, this course will cover topics regarding, hazardous materials, machine guarding, welding, cutting, and brazing, intro to industrial hygiene, bloodborne Pathogens, Ergonomics, Fall Protection, Safety and Health Programs, and Power Industrial Vehicles.
Who Can Benefit from this Course?
The OSHA 30-HR course information is geared towards managers, but anyone can join us for the course.
Attendance is required to complete the entire course
To Be Determined
Q. Do I have to attend every day of the course?
A. Yes, the course is a 4-day course, and attendance is mandatory.
Q. What types of Outreach training Programs are available?
A. OSHA offers Outreach Training Programs for the following industries: Construction, General Industry, Maritime, and Disaster Site work.
Q. What types of Outreach training Programs is this course?
A. The 30-hour course that we offer is in General Industry. We also offer a 10-hour General Industry course.
Q. Who should take a 10- or 30- hour course?
A. The 10-hour class is intended to provide workers with awareness of common job-related safety and health hazards, while the 30-hour class is more appropriate for supervisors or workers with some safety responsibility.
Registration Fees: $600 per person
Payment for Continuing Education courses can be made by debit card, credit card, or money order. If paying by money orders, please make it payable to “Savannah Technical College”. Payments must be received prior to the course’s registration deadline. We accept all credit/debit cards and money orders only.
- Visit www.savannahtech.edu/business-industry/registration or click the Register Now Button on the page above.
- Complete the form and select the course you are registering for
- Savannah Tech Rep reviews submission& will send an email with a link to pay the invoice online by credit card or debit card
- Call 912-443-3012
- Let us know the course you’re interested in registering for
- Savannah Tech Continuing Ed Representative can accept your credit/debit card info over phone or send an email with a link to pay invoice.
- Visit the Savannah Tech Crossroads Campus in Pooler, GA. Our address is 190 Crossroads Parkway, Savannah, GA 31407
- Savannah Tech Continuing Ed Representative can accept credit card, debit card, or money order payments only or an email with a link to pay the invoice can be sent to you.
Students will only be provided a refund if The Continuing Education Department is notified at least 3 days prior to the start of the course in writing. Once the 3-day window has passed, or if the course is currently in session, or if the course has already ended, a refund will not be issued.
Refunds are issued back to the card that the purchase was made on. If the course is paid for by money order, the refund will be issued in the form of a check in the name of the student who was registered in the course. Once the request has been processed, it may take anywhere from 2- 4 weeks to receive the check by mail. To request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students requiring special services to take the course such as interpreters, recorded materials, etc, you must register and pay for your course at least one month or more before the scheduled start of class. At the time of registration, please inform the Continuing Education Department of your need for special services by submitting documentation from your doctor.