High School Graduation Option B
High School Graduation Option B (formerly known as Senate Bill 2) offers qualified students an alternate path to high school graduation. Students choose to simultaneously earn a high school diploma and a Savannah Technical College diploma or two Technical Certificates of Credit (TCCs) in a specific career pathway. High School Graduation Option B is only available for those students attending a public high school in Georgia.
- Complete all required high school courses:
- 2 English/Language Arts
- 2 Math
- 2 Sciences
- 2 Social Studies
- 1 Health/PE
- After completion of these courses, students must then complete ONE of the following:
- Any Savannah Technical College Diploma Program
- Welding TCCs (pick 2):
- Cybersecurity TCCs (NEW):
- Avionics TCCs (NEW):
- DC71 Dual Enrollment Avionics Installer
- DE81 Dual Enrollment Avionics Technician
- Aircraft Structural TCCs (2) (NEW):
- DE91 Dual Enrollment Assembly Technician I
- Then pick one of the following TCCs:
- DA91 Dual Enrollment Assembly Technician II
- DB91 Dual Enrollment Aircraft Composites Technician
Students enrolling in High School Graduation Option B are limited to 30 hours of Dual Enrollment Funding, just like traditional Dual Enrollment students. High School Graduation Option B students who max out their 30 hours of Dual Enrollment Funding may use the HOPE Grant/HOPE Career Grant to finish their program, if eligible. Students who use the HOPE Grant/HOPE Career Grant must meet HOPE residency requirements. Any HOPE Career Grant or HOPE Grant hours used will count against HOPE caps.
Students interested in pursuing this option should first contact their High School Counselor.