GEFA Photovoltaic Systems Scholarship
Savannah Technical College was selected to receive a grant for $233,000 in the Solar for Schools Program funded by the Georgia Environmental Finance Authority (GEFA). The GEFA Solar for Schools Program will provide students the opportunity to enter the workforce specializing in electrical applications of installing, inspecting, and repairing solar panels. Savannah Tech will distribute the GEFA grant through the GEFA Photovoltaic Systems Scholarship to at least ten students.
In order to qualify for the GEFA Photovoltaic Systems Scholarship applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the state of Georgia
- Be a high school or GED graduate of the 2016 year or a 2017 graduating senior ore GED graduate from a Georgia institution or accredited Home School program.
- Be admitted to or enrolled in a TCSG institution at the time of funding award in the Savannah Technical College’s Photovoltaic Systems Installation Technical Certificate of Completion.
- Must plan to enroll in the Photovoltaic Systems Installation and Repair TCC no later than the Summer Semester 2017. Open registration for Summer Semester is May 22-26, classes begin May 30, 2017. The TCC requires two semesters to complete.
- Demonstrate in an essay (500 words or less) how this scholarship will benefit the applicant and his/her future education and/or employment plans.
- Include two letters of recommendation.
- Be registered in the Savannah Technical College data base and include your STC student id#.
All of the required document must be included at the time of submission.
The Photovoltaic Systems Installation and Repair Technical Certificate of Credit takes two semesters to complete. In addition to the classroom knowledge and hands-on experience, the students will develop marketing initiatives, record and edit a video case study, and increase interest about the benefits of solar power in local K-12 schools, colleges, and the business and investor communities.
For more information about the GEFA Photovoltaic Systems Scholarship and Photovoltaic Systems Installation and Repair TCC, please contact STC Department Head for Electrical Construction and Maintenance James Halford at 912.443.5861 or firstname.lastname@example.org.