8.3.20 Fall Term Update
August 2020 Update
Fall courses are being offered in-person and online. Additional classes will be added for the Mini-Mester in October.
STC is awarding the third round of CARES Act funding at the start of Fall semester. Visit this page to learn more about CARES Act Information
If you do come to campus, please wear a face-mask. Business offices have returned to regular operating hours: Mondays – Thursdays: 8AM – 6PM and Fridays: 8AM – Noon.
COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form:
This reporting form is for individuals affiliated with Savannah Technical College to notify the College of incidents/persons believed to be affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). All reported information is confidential and will be used for statistical data, for the College to take appropriate preventative measures, and to offer available resources. Personal information may be released upon request by public health authorities, who may initiate further communication.
- Admissions: Savannah Appointments
- All other appointments (Financial Aid, Military Resources, Bookstore, Cashier, or Bursar) call 912-443-5513
Liberty Campus: Liberty Appointments or call (912) 408-3024 x6000
Effingham Campus: Effingham Appointments or call 912.443.4100
Advisement: Academic Advisement
During this time, as things are changing daily, know that the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff remain our top priorities. Click here (or use links in sidebar) for COVID-19 messages from Savannah Technical College.
Please monitor this webpage for updated information as new information is released.
Savannah Technical College is in contact with the Technical College System of Georgia and Georgia public health officials to ensure that we are following the latest information, trends, and guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Georgia Department of Public Health.
- Admissions hours of operation for phone calls and emails are from 8AM – 5 PM Monday through Fridays.
- All communications can be addressed by phone at 912.443.5513 or by email email@example.com. Please allow 24-48 hours for email responses to address concerns.
- Check your admissions status by visiting: Admissions Status Check.
- To request a major change, please visit: Change of Major Request
- If you’d like to update your admissions application to a future term (Fall 2020): Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your full name, DOB, and preferred start term.
- Send escalated admissions issues to the Admissions Director, Tiffany Walter email@example.com
- Send Dual Enrollment questions/concerns to Shatealy Sims, High School Initiatives Coordinator SAVDualenrollment@savannahtech.edu.
Financial Aid Services
- The Office of Financial Aid Services staff will be available for assistance via email: Financialaid@savannahtech.edu.
- Fall semester 2020 refunds checks will be mailed by the Student Accounts Office. Make sure your mailing address is correct in Banner Web.
- The Office of Military Outreach/VA School Certifying Official will be available for assistance via email or phone at:
- The President of the United States signed a bill that authorizes the Department of Veterans Affairs to continue to provide educational assistance through December 21, 2020, for programs of education that have been converted to distance learning due to an emergency or health-related situation. Such assistance includes monthly housing stipends or subsistence allowances.
- Continue your enrollment certifications online for the upcoming summer term.
Student Support Services
The following representatives are available by phone, email, and virtual or in-person appointments:
If you are having personal difficulties or hardships of any kind, please take a look at STC’s Student Support Resource Library and the External Resources at the bottom of this page. Still have questions or concerns? For additional assistance, please email Kelley Riffe firstname.lastname@example.org, 912.443.4175 or 912.231.7361.
We’re happy to assist you.
- All classes in all locations are offered online until further notice. New or returning students can find more information on our website: https://www.savannahtech.edu/ged-esl/. If you need immediate assistance, please call the Adult Education office 912.443.5446, leave a voicemail and someone will return your call.
- While all in-person classes are currently postponed until further notice, we can train your company from a distance. You may consider leadership training or even a custom solution to a custom need.
- For more information, contact Dr. Brent A. Stubbs at email@example.com or call him at 912.675.0812 to set up a custom needs consultation.
- The 30-hour portion of classroom instruction is now available in a mix of live, online instruction and self-study. Behind-the-wheel driver training lessons are available via a one-on-one appointment. New sessions will be posted as they are made available. To be contacted as sessions are added, please complete this form.
- If you have any questions, please visit our contact us page.page.
External Resources for Assistance
Savannah Technical College serves Coastal Georgia with quality, market-driven technical education with campus locations in Chatham, Effingham and Liberty Counties. Serving more than 10,000 credit and non-credit students annually, Savannah Tech offers nearly 150 different instructional programs in Aviation Technology, Business and Professional Services, Industrial Technology, and Health Sciences in addition to Adult Education classes, industry-specific training and continuing education. The College serves as an economic and community development partner for the region, offering corporate and customized training and assessment programs for business and industry.
Savannah Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit. Questions about the accreditation of Savannah Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).