SAVANNAH, Ga. – A crowd of more than 200 gathered in the Eckburg Auditorium on the campus of Savannah Technical College today to celebrate the 2018 Tribute to Community STARS luncheon, the twelfth annual event recognizing people for their service and dedication in the community or at work.
- Erica Backus, Director of Public Relations, Visit Savannah, sponsored by Advertising Specialty Services;
- Tom Barton, Retired Editorial Page Editor/Freelance Writer, sponsored by Judy & Dick Eckburg;
- Judge James F. Bass, Jr., Superior Court Judge, Chatham County, Georgia, sponsored by Port City Bar Association;
- Covardis Broadie, Site Manager, Urban Hope sponsored by Friends of Savannah Technical College;
- Kimberly Caesar, 2018 Savannah Technical College GOAL Student of the Year, sponsored by Savannah Technical College;
- Kaye Dowell, Principal Relationship Manager, Wells Fargo Bank, sponsored by Wells Fargo;
- Brynn Grant, COO, Savannah Economic Development Authority / Vice President World Trade Center Savannah, sponsored by Mary & Howard Morrison;
- Willie Hall, Instructor, EmployAbility, sponsored by EmployAbility;
- Michelle Hetager, Vice President, Private Advisor, BB&T, sponsored by BB&T Insurance;
- Stratton Leopold, Owner, Leopold’s Ice Cream, sponsored by DIRTT;
- Mickey Minick, Director of Sales and Marketing,
- Old Savannah Tours, sponsored by StayinSavannah.com;
- Chris Phillips, Partner, HunterMaclean, sponsored by HunterMaclean
- Michael Skinner, 2018 Savannah Technical College Rick Perkins Instructor of the Year, sponsored by Savannah Technical College;
- Melissa Smiley, 2018 Savannah Technical College Eagle Student of the Year, sponsored by Savannah Technical College Foundation; and
- Megan Yarbrough, Founder/Owner, Savannah Sharks, sponsored by Joe Marchese Construction, LLC
The event is hosted by the Savannah Technical College Foundation Community Council, a group of young professionals charged with expanding the awareness of Savannah Technical College and its mission through advocacy, awareness and fundraising.
Founded in 1984, the Savannah Technical College Foundation is a private, nonprofit organization that exists to raise and disperse funds to support the College’s efforts to enhance learning, workforce training and economic development in Bryan, Chatham, Effingham and Liberty counties. The Foundation also supports student success through its privately funded scholarships. The Foundation recently raised more than $7.2 million in its “Where Excellence Meets Opportunity.” The campaign focused on five key areas: precision manufacturing, health sciences, culinary arts/heritage tourism, technology and student support.
Savannah Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the associate degree, diplomas, and technical certificates of credit. Contact SACSCOC for questions about the accreditation of Savannah Technical College. All questions about admission, enrollment, job placement, and related matters should be directed to an appropriate office at Savannah Technical College. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane Decatur, GA 30033-4097, 404-679-4500.
#1820 | April 13, 2018
Media Contact: Amy Shaffer, APR
912.443.5512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Savannah Technical College serves Coastal Georgia with quality, market-driven technical education with campus locations in Chatham, Effingham and Liberty Counties. Serving more than 10,000 credit and non-credit students annually, Savannah Tech offers nearly 150 different instructional programs in Aviation Technology, Business and Professional Services, Industrial Technology, and Health Sciences in addition to Adult Education classes, industry-specific training and continuing education. The College serves as an economic and community development partner for the region, offering corporate and customized training and assessment programs for business and industry.
Savannah Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit. Questions about the accreditation of Savannah Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).