STC Foundation celebrates 2017 Tribute to Community STARs
SAVANNAH, Ga. – A crowd of nearly 250 gathered in the Eckburg Auditorium on the campus of Savannah Technical College today to celebrate the 2017 Tribute to Community STARs (Savannah Tech Achievement Recognition) luncheon, the eleventh annual event recognizing people for their service and dedication in the community or at work.
- Marcia Banes, Account Executive, Old Savannah Tours, sponsored by StayinSavannah.com
- Dave Burkoff, Partner, HunterMaclean, sponsored by HunterMaclean
- Michael Burris, Records Clerk, Chatham County Superior Clerk’s Office, sponsored by Coastal Center for Developmental Services
- Terry Coleman, President, Coleman Company, Inc., sponsored by Evans General Contractors
- Reed Dulany, III, President/CEO, Dulany Industries, Inc., sponsored by Judy & Dick Eckburg
- Elizabeth Genard, STC 2017 EAGLE Student of the Year, sponsored by Savannah Technical College
- Stephen Hartley, Department Head for Building Arts, Bryn Athyn College, sponsored by Friends of Stephen Hartley
- Holden Hayes, Regional President, South State Bank, sponsored by Savannah Morning News
- Skylar Huggett, STC 2017 GOAL Student of the Year, sponsored by Friends of Savannah Technical College
- Hurricane Heroes, Georgia Power, sponsored by Georgia Power
- Ted Kleisner, Retired CEO, Greenbriar Resorts, sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Laura Kyser, STC Rick Perkins Instructor of the Year, Mathematics, sponsored by the Savannah Technical College Foundation
- Don Logana, Anchor, WTOC-TV, honored posthumously by Leopold’s Ice Cream
- Chris Maynor, Tool Crib DIRTTbag, DIRTT Environmental Solutions, sponsored by DIRTT Environmental Solutions
- Rudolph Quarterman, Jr., President, Coastal Environmental Construction Management, Inc., sponsored by JE Dunn Construction
- Dana Schultz, Director of Club Operations/Director of Golf, The Westin Savannah Harbor, sponsored by Savannah Harbor Foundation
- Cori Sessions, Vice President of Operations, Advertising Specialty Services, sponsored by Advertising Specialty Services
- Ben Spitalnick, Physician, Pediatric Associates of Savannah, PC, sponsored by Joe Marchese Commercial Construction
- Kelley Waldron, Head of School, St. Andrew’s School, sponsored by Mary and Howard Morrison
- Don Waters, Retired Chairman, President/CEO, Brasseler USA, sponsored by Judy and Dick Eckburg
- Lisa Wilson, District Lead Nurse, Savannah Chatham County Public School System, sponsored by The Cory Joseph Wilson Fireball 40 Memorial Baseball Tournament Committee
The keynote address was delivered by Mahogany Bowers, STC Marketing graduate and founder of Blessings in a Book Bag.
The event is organized by the Savannah Technical College Foundation Community Council, a group of young professionals charged with expanding the awareness of Savannah Technical College and its mission through advocacy, awareness and fundraising.
Founded in 1984, the Savannah Technical College Foundation is a private, nonprofit organization that exists to raise and disperse funds to support the College’s efforts to enhance learning, workforce training and economic development in Bryan, Chatham, Effingham and Liberty counties. The Foundation also supports student success through its privately funded scholarships. The Foundation recently raised more than $7.2 million in its “Where Excellence Meets Opportunity.” The campaign focused on five key areas: precision manufacturing, health sciences, culinary arts/heritage tourism, technology and student support.
Savannah Technical College serves Coastal Georgia with quality, market-driven technical education with campus locations in Chatham, Effingham and Liberty Counties. Serving more than 10,000 credit and non-credit students annually, Savannah Tech offers nearly 150 different instructional programs in Aviation Technology, Business and Technology, Public Service, Industrial Technology, and Health Sciences in addition to Adult Education classes, industry-specific training and continuing education. The College serves as an economic and community development partner for the region, offering corporate and customized training and assessment programs for business and industry.
Savannah Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the associate degree, diplomas, and technical certificates of credit. Contact SACSCOC for questions about the accreditation of Savannah Technical College. All questions about admission, enrollment, job placement, and related matters should be directed to an appropriate office at Savannah Technical College. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane Decatur, GA 30033-4097, 404-679-4500.
#1735 | April 8, 2017
Media Contact: Amy Shaffer, APR
912.443.5512 or email@example.com