Visiting Artisan Series
The Savannah Tech’s Visiting Artisan series is the first effort of its kind at any of Georgia’s technical colleges, bringing three world-class craftsmen to campus each for a week throughout the year. Savannah Tech has the only public hands-on preservation program in the state. The program has gained international recognition and has contributed to a number of community-based preservation projects in the surrounding communities.
UPDATE: Traditional Joinery Workshop (June 2016) has been cancelled due to unexpected health concerns.
Watch for future visiting artisans scheduled for Fall 2016.
Previous Visiting Artisans:
- Jason Klein – Master Glassblower of Historical Glassworks
- Amy McAuley – Traditional Wood Sash Windows (Nov. 2014)
- John McRitchie – International Master Craftsman, woodworking (April 2014)
- Neil Rippingale, dry stone mason (Feb. 2013)
- Jeff and Henry Orton, master plasterers (Nov. 2012)
- Rudy R. Christian, timber framer (March 2012)
- Gerard Lynch, the Red Mason, brickwork consultant, master bricklayer, educator and author (Feb. 2012)
- Tom Kupper/Dan Beal, stained glass artisans from Lincoln Cathedral (Nov. 2011)