Commercial Truck Driving
Offered at the Following Campus Locations
The Commercial Truck Driving certificate program provides basic training in the principles and skills of commercial truck operations. The program is based on the definition of a truck driver as one who operates a commercial motor vehicle of all different sizes and descriptions on all types of roads. At the completion of the program, the student is administered the Georgia CDL Skills Exam.
To be eligible to register for this program, potential students will need to:
1) Obtain a copy of his/her 7 year MVR (Driving History Report) from the Department of Driver Services (visit www.dds.ga.gov for a list of locations)
2) Have a Department of Transportation physical. The recommended location is Health Awareness enterprises; 1481 Dean Forest Road, Savannah, GA 31405 – call ahead for an appointment – 912.964.1531
Additional Admissions Requirements:
1) Students must be 18 years of age (21 for interstate travel)
2) Students must not have more than two serious traffic violations (as defined by the Commercial Drivers Manual from the Department of Drivers Services) in the last three years and no more than three serious traffic violations in the last seven years
3) Students must not have more than one major traffic violation in the last seven years – and NO DUI/DWI convictions in the last five years. Major traffic violations are defined by the Commercial Drivers Manual from the Department of Drivers Services
4) Students must not have more than three moving violations in the last three years
This program requires either the ACCUPLACER® or COMPASS college placement test with no High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum Required Age of 18.
ACCUPLACER® minimum scores: Reading Comprehension 36, Sentence Skills 30, Arithmetic 23
COMPASS minimum scores: Reading 70, Writing 32, Mathematics 26