People need to earn a GED® for a lot of reasons, and we know yours is very important. Our classes are designed to meet your needs, and our instruction will be focused where you know you need help. Our classes are interactive, utilize technology, and are offered at our campuses and community partner sites to provide you access no matter where you live. For a list of our class locations and times go here.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for enrollment, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- 16 years of age or older
- Withdrawn or otherwise not enrolled in school
- U.S. citizen or legal residency status
- Appropriate Adult Education Program application documentation – completed and submitted
- Adult Education Program admission process – completed
How To Get Started
At most of our locations, new students can begin classes every month. Our process for each county we serve is different, and the following details what you need to do in each county.
Enrollment is currently open until classes are filled.
|Pembroke Public Library||Richmond Hill Public Library||Richmond Hill Goodwill|
|Registration Date||Every Wednesday 8am||Every Wednesday 1pm||Every Wednesday 5pm|
|Start Date||Monday TBD||Monday TBD||Monday TBD|
|Class schedule||Monday-Thursday 8am-11am||Monday-Thursday 1pm-4pm||Monday-Wednesday 5pm-8pm|
- Bring a pencil, pen, and government issued ID
- Registration takes 3 hours
- 16 and 17 year olds, must bring:
- withdrawal form/letter of non-enrollment AND
- parent/guardian or completed.
Registration is currently closed.
The next Orientations will be in September. Students who attend a September Orientation will begin class October 6. We will be offering 200 Orientation appointments the week of August 25 for the September 16-18 and 23-25 Orientations at the White Bluff Campus in the Learning Enrichment Center. Availability is first-come first-serve.
Are you interested in studying for your GED while gaining skills in a career? If so, take a look at this program.
2014 Effingham County Registration Dates
July 15 – start class on August 18
September 23- start class on October 6
October 21- start class on November 3
November 18- start class on December 1
- Space in the registration room is limited – first come, first serve.
- Doors open at 9:00 am and close at 9:15 am
- Session is 5-1/2 hours
- Please bring pen, two sharpened pencils and a government issued picture I.D.
- An Official Withdrawal Form or Letter of Non-Enrollment is required for all students 16 and 17 years old AND Parent/Guardian or completed underage application.
2014 Liberty County Registration Dates
July 8-9 September 2-3 November 12-13
- Registration is from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. All sessions begin promptly at 1:00pm.
- Registration/Orientation is a two day process; therefore, you must be present both days to complete the registration
- Please bring a black pen, #2 pencil, and valid, government issued, picture ID.
- An Official Withdrawal Form or Letter of Non-Enrollment is required for all students 16 and 17 years old.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and is limited to space availability.