People need to earn a GED® for a lot of reasons, and we know yours is very important. Our classes are designed to meet your needs, and our instruction will be focused where you know you need help. Our classes are interactive, utilize technology, and are offered at our campuses and community partner sites to provide you access no matter where you live. For a list of our class locations and times go here.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for enrollment, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- 16 years of age or older
- Withdrawn or otherwise not enrolled in school
- U.S. citizen or legal residency status
- Appropriate Adult Education Program application documentation – completed and submitted
- Adult Education Program admission process – completed
How To Get Started
At most of our locations, new students can begin classes every month. Our process for each county we serve is different, and the following details what you need to do in each county.
Enrollment is currently open until classes are filled.
|Pembroke Public Library||Richmond Hill Public Library||Richmond Hill Goodwill|
|Registration Date||Suspended||Every Wednesday 1pm||Every Wednesday 5pm|
|Start Date||Suspended||Monday TBD||Monday TBD|
|Class schedule||Suspended||Monday-Thursday 1pm-4pm||Monday-Wednesday 5pm-8pm|
- Bring a pencil, pen, and government issued ID
- Registration takes 3 hours
- 16 and 17 year olds, must bring:
- withdrawal form/letter of non-enrollment AND
- parent/guardian or completed.
Registration for April Orientations are currently CLOSED.
The next Orientations will be in August. Students who attend an August Orientation will begin class August 31. We are offering 280 Orientation appointments for the August 10-14 Orientations starting July 13. Orientations are at the White Bluff Campus in the Learning Enrichment Center. Availability is first-come first-serve. You must bring a government issued ID in order to complete the Verification of Eligibility so that you may receive an Orientation appointment.
2015 Effingham County Registration Dates
July 14- Class begins August 3
August 22 – Class begins September 7
October 20- Class begins November 2
November 17- Class begins November 30
- Space in the registration room is limited – first come, first serve.
- Doors open at 9:00 am and close at 9:15 am
- Session is 5-1/2 hours
- Please bring pen, two sharpened pencils and a government issued picture I.D.
- An Official Withdrawal Form or Letter of Non-Enrollment is required for all students 16 and 17 years old AND Parent/Guardian or completed underage application.
2015 Liberty County Registration Dates
July 7-8 September 1-2 October 20-21
- Registration is from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. All sessions begin promptly at 1:00pm.
- Registration/Orientation is a two day process; therefore, you must be present both days to complete the registration
- Please bring a black pen, #2 pencil, and valid, government issued, picture ID.
- An Official Withdrawal Form or Letter of Non-Enrollment is required for all students 16 and 17 years old.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and is limited to space availability.