Vice President for Economic Development
As Vice President for Economic Development, Kevin is responsible for all non-credit education including customized corporate training, professional continuing education, certified testing and corporate assessment. His team also administers the Childcare Resource and Referral Services for Region 5, Southeast Georgia. His background includes more than 18 years of sales and business development, marketing and customer care experience with leading global organizations, Johnson & Johnson and VeriSign, Inc. Werntz holds an MBA from Jacksonville University and a bachelor of arts in communications from the University of Georgia. He serves on the Technology Association of Georgia’s Savannah Board of Advisors as well as the Board of The American Red Cross Southeastern Region.
Manager of Business and Industry Services
As our Manager for Business and Industry Services, Janie is responsible for our continuing education programs as well as custom training and development programs for business and industry in the greater Savannah Region.
Janie is a Savannah native and has a background in retail sales and customer service as well as administrative duties in the higher education field. She is a UGA graduate with a BBA in Marketing and as a Work-Study student, supported the Sociology department. In addition she has served as a volunteer for Habitat For Humanity.
Economic Development is responsible for several functional entities of Savannah Technical College. The following summary describes the functional areas.
- Professional Continuing Education – A variety of non-credit classes are scheduled for individual life-long learning.
- Assessment Center – Our Assessment Center provides a wide variety of services.
- Contract Training – Customized training for specific company and/or purpose.
- CCR&R – Child Care Resource & Referral agency is committed to the promotion of high quality early child care and learning in Southeast Georgia through education and collaborative efforts with families, early childhood professionals, and members of the community.
- Manufacturing and Logistics – Certified Manufacturing Specialist (CMS) and Certified Warehousing & Distribution Specialist (CWDS).
- Customer Support – Certified Customer Support Specialist (CCSS), Direct Support Professional (DSP), and Supervisory Management.