International Student Scholarship Resources
While there are many scholarships for study in the U.S.A, they often require US citizenship or at least US residency. If you find a college scholarship that interests you, the first thing you should do is to look at the scholarship requirements and determine if you must be a US citizen. There is financial aid available for international students/foreign students to study in the US, but it takes initiative and determination to find. Some places that have specific information on scholarships for international students studying in the US include:
- Scholarship Experts has a special database of scholarships for international students. This is a service of financial aid professionals, who find the most appropriate scholarships for your situation.
- National Association of Foreign Student Advisers (NAFSA) provides tips and lists sources of additional information.
- International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) website allows international students to search for scholarships based on field of study.
- Rotary International Scholarships offers grants that support a wide variety of projects, scholarships, and training.
Additional websites to help you find scholarships to study in the US.
- Fast Web – Use FAST web’s free scholarship search to find information on more than 600,000 scholarships. Asks you questions to determine your background, including hobbies and interests, and then searches for appropriate financial aid for you.
- EduPASS provides comprehensive information to foreign students wishing to study in the United States.
- Mach 25 allows you to search for scholarships based upon your age, nationality, interest and club memberships, as well as other characteristics.